The Hotel

Joe P.O.V.

I walked into the hotel, and hit the button on the elevator to go up. I stood alone in the elevator, thinking about every single word that Cora said. I wonder if she loves me? I thought to myself. When I reached my floor, I hopped off the elevator and entered the hallway. Once I got to my room, Caspar and Oli were there to greet me.

"Hey Joe! Where did you go? Last thing you told me was, that you were off to be a gentleman," Oli asked me as I walked in.

"Um, yeah. I was just being a gentleman I guess," I said trying to weave my way out of this conversation.

"C'mon Joe, just tell us. Where'd you go?" He asked again persistently.

"I just went to the park, no big deal," I say defensively.

"Oh, why'd you go to the park? I mean you said you were going to be a gentleman, right?" Oli asked, as I grabbed a cup and filled it with water.

"Um... I just, uh. Why does it matter?" I said raising my voice slightly. Caspar walked into the room with Zoe and Alfie close behind him.

"Hey guys, is something wrong?" Zoe asked, as she walked over to me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything is fine, now please I'd like to just go to bed," I state, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Okay. Hey Joe?" Zoe asked quickly.

"Yeah?" I respond, plopping on my bed.

"Didn't you have a coat on when you left?" She asked me, causing me to sink into my bed.

"Um, yeah," I say quietly, trying to disappear under my duvet.

"Where is it?" She asked, as I scoured my brain for answers. I sat there quietly, when Caspar broke the silence.

"Joe, you haven't," he said, causing me to jump up.

"No! I haven't done anything! I just went to the park!" I exclaimed.

"Joe, just tell us what happened," Zoe said calmly. I finally decided to spill the beans.

"I decided to take your advice and I bought some flowers, I was walking when I realized I didn't know where Cora lived-" I try to finish, but Caspar cuts me off.

"So that's who it is!" Caspar said obnoxiously.

"Anyway! I was getting all worried, but I then walked by this hair salon and I saw Sawyer. He gave them to her and we met at the park, I gave her my jacket because it was getting cold," I admitted, as I sat back down on my bed.

"Oh, how'd it go?" Zoe asked, as she took a seat next to me.

"It was fine, I'd like to go to bed now though," I say groggily.

"Okay, you get some rest. Um, Joe, where are we going tomorrow?" Zoe asked me, quickly rubbing my back then standing.

"I don't really know yet, I mean we can figure it out tomorrow," I said, as I closed my eyes and covered myself with my duvet.