Chapter 2

Mac demanded that I take off the next few days until I felt better or at least until the bruises faded.    Since my throat was sore from the fucker who squeezed it I didn't put up much of a fight, especially since he was so concerned.   It sounded like a great idea at the time, over the years I didn't get a lot of down time.

But now after three days of sitting in my apartment, I came to the conclusion that I make a horrible sick person. I wasn't used to being idle.    Even though my neck and throat hurt like hell, I was bored out of my fucking mind.   I hated TV and I read the last of my books. 

Frustrated I grabbed my purse and decided to head to the book store.   Maybe I could find something to hold my interest and help with the boredom.  There was only so much time I could relive Axel's kiss in my mind...I do believe I was going slightly crazy.   Yeah I needed to get out of here before I start answering myself.

One of the reasons I loved living in a small town were times like this.   Everything you needed was in walking distance from the small apartment I rented above the stores that lined Main Street. Hell the town was so small, Main Street was in fact the main street of the town. The bar was the furthest place away from me and that was still only a ten minute walk. You gotta love small towns.   

I enjoyed the warm weather as I window shopped.    As I passed the nail salon on the corner, I looked at my nails to see that they looked pathetic.  Since my hands were always in water washing glasses at the bar, my hands took a beating. Shrugging my shoulder I decided to head in, at least this would kill some time.

The interior of the salon was painted a nice calming pale blue.   There were four nail stations set up on the left and pedicure chairs along the right.  Since I lived in boots, getting a pedicure was pointless for me, but as I looked at the sign I figured I would give acrylic nails a try.   Many of the girls at the club swore by them.

"Hi I am Tammy, what can we do for you today?"

"I was looking to get a full set."   She escorted me back to the last station that was open.   We chatted as she worked on my hands.   I was shocked that with her sweet, innocent personality that she had ties to the Renegades...being Tucker's old lady.  

I didn't know Tucker very well as he wasn't one of the regulars and now I see why.   If he had Tammy at home he didn't need to be in a strip club.   The woman was stunning with her golden blond hair that hung down her back. I was jealous as I always wanted to be a blond.   But I knew my wavy red hair would not take the color well.   Plus I was terrified to ever try changing it.

"Hey I just figured it out...you are the girl all the guys in the club are talking about, you work for Mac?"

"Um...yes.   I bartend mostly.   But occasionally waitress when needed." 

"Yes, Tuck mentioned that you had some trouble the other night.   He wasn't there but he heard about it from Prez.   It seems that there are some unwanted visitors in our town, those guys were part of it. Also heard you kneed the guy really good and put up a good fight."

I guess that was why they didn't look familiar.   "Yeah, the Renegades came to save the day.  I will need to thank then next time they come in."  That goes to show even big bad bikers have some sense of chivalry left.    

"Why don't you come by tonight to the club?   The boys will all be there, I mean you already know most of them and I am sure Axel will be there so you can thank him in person."  Did I really want to go to their clubhouse?   Them coming to the club was one thing but going over to their turf...it was too risky.

"Thanks Tammy, but I am busy this evening.  Maybe another time."   Like never. Way too many memories. 

My nails looked perfect when she was done.   Not too long or pointy and I loved the deep red color.   Promising to return in two weeks I headed out to run the rest of my errands.