Chapter 23

Kissing my friend back I waited until Nix pulled back to whisper in my ear.   "Okay which bastard caused you to look like your about to commit murder?  Second, can I help and third, a good friend will help you bury the body."

Hands gently caressed my back as I relaxed into the body in front of me.   I tended to forget how well Nix could read me.  "Axel.  He is the president.  Just caught him getting sucked off by a whore."  Nix's hands tightened on my waist at my words.

"I am assuming he is the bastard being restrained, looking like he wants to kill me."  Nix chuckled as lips once again met mine.

In the past Nix and I tried to fool around some but the chemistry was never there, plus I would freak out every time.   However it was not for a lack of trying.   After months my body stopped flinching and I welcomed Nix's caresses and little shows of affection and we were both okay with how things were between us.  

I knew this little display was all for my benefit – well more or less for the benefit of screwing with Axel and to be honest I was okay with that.   Let the bastard see that I had other options, he didn't need to know I would never pick that option – but that was a moot point in my book.

Reaching up my hand gentle cupped a cheek as I leaned back.   "Thank you for this and for being here.   Let me pack up and we can talk, I need your help."

"I will always be there.   Plus I finally got to make out with you so it is a win-win."   Laughing I lightly pinched the arm that was secured around my waist.  

"Let's get this show on the road.  We have a demented psycho to kill."  Oh how I always loved Nix's sense of humor.

As we turned, Nix refused to let me go as we approached the wall of confused brothers.  And one very pissed off Axel.   Too bad dickhead, you had your chance.

Seeing as I wasn't going to get away without any explanation I stopped to introduce Nix to the gang.

"Guys this is Nix an old friend here to...support me."   I figured I would keep things short and sweet.   They didn't need the details and they sure as hell didn't need to know the real reason for Nix's presence.  

With a firm grip on Nix's wrist we made our way through the crowd to the room I once shared with Axel.   Pain ached in my chest as I spotted the bed that we briefly shared.   Disgusted with myself for getting caught up once again with the wrong man I tossed Nix my bag as I started grabbing my clothes.

Luckily Nix could read me well and was smart enough to stay quiet as we worked.   Since I hadn't been here long a lot of my stuff was still packed in my car and we could worry about getting that later, I just wanted to concentrate on gathering everything in Axel's room.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?"   Axel's snarled as he stood in the door way watching us flitter around his room.  From his posture I could tell he was pissed, but what the hell did he have to be pissed about, did he really think I would stay after Bimbo Barbie sucked him off?   The man was delusional if he did.

"What does it look like Axel?   I refuse to sleep here, Barbie can keep you company from now on.   Plus Nix has room in the motorhome for me.   We need time to catch up anyway."

His jaw grinded as he blocked our exit.  "And you think I am going to just let you walk out of here with no explanation?" 

"Yes Axel I do.  And I really don't need an explanation, the show was enough.   And despite what you may think, you don't own me.  And after your extracurricular activities in your office we are now through.   Any say you had before holds no weight now.   Get the fuck out of my way and let Nix and I pass."

I don't know where my backbone was coming from but I just rolled with in.  I figured I could continue to breakdown later.   With my stuff, Nix and I headed back down to the front door.   From the looks of it, many of the brothers hadn't moved an inch, waiting for our return.   Nosy bastards.   I guess it wasn't every day they saw two women making out.

Mac stood against the wall with his arms folded over his chest.  Great one more Alpha male to deal with, but this one I didn't want to hurt.

"Mac I am just going to sleep in Nix's motorhome to catch up so chill out, go rest and recover."   Well it was partially true, he just didn't need to know what we were going to discuss.

"Sweetheart I don't like this but since you are staying on property I can't argue much. Now tell me why Axel looks like he is seconds away from killing someone."

I hated this, I really did.   Mac was Axel's brother and in those regards alone he would always have his back, but I didn't care anymore.  Plus having Nix standing behind me gave me the courage that I needed.   The club needed to know that Axel's claim on me no longer existed, maybe that would sway some of them from going after Hunter.

Deciding that it was best to just do this once I turned to the group behind me.

"Listen up guys.   From now on Axel's claim on me is no longer valid."  I could see Axel tense as he listened to my words, but fuck him, he had this coming.   "It became invalid the second he put his dick in another woman.   With regards of your vow to protect me, I hereby absolve all of you from that commitment.  For the foreseeable future I will be residing in the motorhome."

Turning back to Mac I hated seeing the anger etched in his face, the room was deadly silent.   I knew out of all the men, Axel's actions towards me would affect him the most and that killed me but I wasn't going to lie to him.    "Let it go Mac, this has nothing to do with you.   It's over.   I have always said the second Hunter is taken down I would leave, this just makes it easier when the time comes."

Mac contemplated my words before nodding slightly.   His eyes shifted to Nix who stood protectively behind me.   "You won't leave her side will you?"

"No big guy I won't.   Harley knows I would kill myself before I ever harmed  her.   I know her value."   Leave it to Nix to get in a dig towards Axel, who was seething next to Mac.   I know his ego took a hit from my little announcement but he would just have to deal with it.

"Do you really think I am going to let you just walk out of here with your...girlfriend?" Axel seethed.

It almost sounded like the man was jealous?   What right did he have of being jealous?  Not an hour ago he was balls deep down another woman's throat.

"Yes Axel you are.   You cannot hold me here.   We are staying on property...for now, so we are protected.   Plus Nix is more than capable of protecting me."

She may look harmless but the woman was lethal.   There was a reason why the government kept on her good side – they knew what she was capable of – hell they trained her so they should.

"Let's go get you settled in baby, we have some catching up to do."  Nix sweetly stated as she pulled me outside to her fortress. 

The little minx even swatted my butt as I climbed in...knowing full well the men were watching.

Oh how I missed her.