Chapter 9

That night the clubhouse was in full swing as all the brothers were called in for church and stayed for the party.   I had a hunch what they were discussing and I hated the fact the entire club now knew my history, or at least most of it.  

After the meeting ended that was when the party had started.  And I was thankful that the noise and chaos was going to be the perfect cover for me.  

Grabbing my backpack I opened my door to make sure the hallway was clear.   With one last glance at the letters on the bed I closed the doors.   Mac and Axel would be furious but it was better this way. Easier.

I knew with time any feelings I had for Axel would dissipate and that was a good thing.   He liked variety and I refused to be in that type of relationship, not after my childhood.   These past two weeks proved that.   Sure we talked and not once did we discuss...us.   Fuck there wasn't even an us to discuss so I couldn't really be pissed about that.   I was thinking my infatuation was one sided.

After I got beat up and then stormed out of the clubhouse, he never came to check up on me, but sent Mac instead. That action spoke louder than any words, I wasn't worth his time. Then a few days later he stormed in after the shootout at the club.   I thought once I was here he would man up and things would progress,yeah that didn't happen.

I finally acknowledged that his interest in me was purely a man protecting a woman and nothing more.   Sure at first he just wanted in between my legs but once that didn't work out he moved on.   But I won't lie that a part of me hoped that Axel and me could give it a shot. Shit when did I start believing in fairytales?

But I liked he man.  He was smart and had a wicked sense of humor, at least when he let his guard down.  We could talk about nothing for hours and although it was about nothing it was something.

Christ I sound like a hallmark card.  I so needed to leave.

As I skirted around the back of the kitchen I quietly skimmed against the wall.   The door that looked out over the bar area was wide open, giving me a full view of none other than Axel and some skank together.   From the looks of it she was straddling his lap, his pants opened and she was sucking on his neck, they were seconds away from fucking and I didn't want to see that.

Yeah I obviously wouldn't be missed.  I ignored the pain that encompassed my chest and pushed to move on.

See Disney totally had it wrong.

The view solidified my decision to run.   I didn't need this bullshit when my life was on the line.  

Silently closing the door behind me I breathed a sigh of relief.   I knew that my car was parked around back and I prayed the key was in the car, if not I could hot wire it if need be. Thank heavens my friend Nix taught me that little technique.

I finally reached my destination and slithered into the car.   Luck was on my side when I saw the keys dangling in the ignition.  Tossing my bag onto the front seat I started the car and headed towards the gates.   I just hoped my plan worked.  

The prospect keeping guard approached my window.   Recognizing me he reached for his cell.

"Hey Mike right?  I need to get to the club fast, Mac is slammed since most of the brothers headed over there.  Man when you guys let loose you sure know how to do it."

"Um...I need to..." He fumbled as he unlocked his phone.

"No what you need to do is open the fucking gate before Mac chews my ass out for being late and there is no telling what he will do when he finds out you were the one to hold me up."