Chapter 25

The next morning, Nix was already seated at her command center by the time I rolled out of bed.   "Dammit woman when do you sleep?   And fuck your bed is comfortable."

Nix chuckled as her fingers continued to type on her keyboard, stopping briefly to point at the coffee waiting for me on the counter.   There was a part of me that wished I could love this woman, because frankly the only thing that she lacked at was having a dick.

Walking towards the window I could see a few of the guys milling around.   My heart ached as I looked towards the clubhouse thinking of Axel.   I must be a masochist because even after everything I still yearned for him.

"If you're looking for Romeo he has already been outside, three times.   That is of course after he spent 30 minutes staring out the window on the second floor.  So far no one has dared to approach the vehicle but I think the big man's patience is finally running out."

Looking around I spotted Mac pacing by the garage as a few of the guys worked on their bikes.   He looked better today.   After I ate and dressed I would go out and calm him down.   I hated that he was worrying about me for no reason.  

"Okay so look at this. This red dot here is the number you gave me.   These other green dots are numbers that the phone dialed in the last 72 hours.   As you can see most surrounding the red dot, showing that they are within a mile radius.   There are a few here what appears to be down the road, I am assuming they are guards.   I have twenty one dots total."

Damn Cricket was spot on the head count.

I watched over her shoulder as she moved the images around.   The dots then became heat images.  I couldn't believe how clear they were.

"Jesus Nix did you hack into NASA?"

"No, but the new Satellite on my roof is designed by them.   I need another 60 minutes.  Eat, shower and dress.   Then go talk to the big grizzly bear outside."

Laughing I followed her suggestions and was amused to see Mac as still standing by the garage, his eyes not wavering from my direction. 

"Mac you need to chill out before you give yourself a stroke.   I told you I was fine."

His arms engulfed me as I approached.   Careful of his injury I hugged him back.   I really was going to miss this man.  

"You think I am bad you should see Axel.  Now who the hell is this Nix?"

"No thanks Mac.   That ship has sailed.   He knew the rules and he broke them.    Nix is a friend from my past.   You can trust her, I do – with my life.   She is ex-military and still does government work, the not so kosher stuff."

"Well I guess that explains the mini mansion.   Can I come in or will GI Jane attack me?"

Oh Mac you have no idea what you are up against.  As we walked back across the gravel Axel appeared out of nowhere and blocked our path.

"Dammit Axel what do you want now?" There was a part of me that wished I didn't have to face him this morning, but then the other part of me was ecstatic that I had him so unsettled. Nix was right, Axel just wasn't ready for what I wanted. He needed to grow up and get his priorities straight. It broke my heart to know that I would be long gone by the time that happened.

"We need to talk Harley."  Sighing I looked over at Mac as he slightly pushed me towards Axel.   Yeah thanks for the back up big brother.   I knew we needed to talk but I just didn't want to do it now, my middle name was procrastination.  

"Hey big guy, come have a drink while dipshit digs himself out of his grave."   Nix yelled from the side doorway.   Traitors!   I am surrounded by traitors.

Mac didn't hesitate to abandon me, leaving me alone with Axel as he headed towards the door Nix was leaning out of.

Admitting defeat I reluctantly took seat on the picnic table behind the motorhome, giving us a sense of privacy.