Chapter 33

I had no idea how much time had passed from when I first regained consciousness but I knew my time was running out.   Soon these bastards would get impatient and come to wake me up themselves, which was not a route I wanted to take. I had a feeling they would not be nice about it. Plus, I preferred to see what was coming at me, so my time at playing possum was over. 

From the sound of it there were about five men in the large room.  Two voices belonged to my traitors, the other three were unknown to me so I assumed they were brothers of the SOD.  So far I have yet to hear the sound of Hunters voice and I didn't know what to think about that. 

Where was the bastard?  Was he even here?  Nix's intel showed the man didn't leave the warehouse often and I just hoped this was not one of those times.   Then again I was safer the longer he was away, right?

Flexing my fingers one last time, I slowly groaned as I rolled over to my back.   I needed to keep my hands hidden so they didn't notice the cut rope that was still wrapped around them.   I feared the rope would fall off once I stood so I carefully held the two ends in my fist. 

"Good the bitch is finally waking.  How fucking hard did you hit her?"

"Does it matter?  I got her here didn't I?  Now where the fuck is Hunter?"

"Chill man he is in the back dealing with the shipment that is set to go out.   Now help me get her into the chair."

Two large hands grabbed each arm as my body was hoisted up, none to gently I might add, as I was dragged to the chair sitting in the middle of the room.   Taking the opportunity to look around I noticed there were six men not five in the giant concrete room.   The four men I didn't know at all wore SOD cuts, proudly displaying the clubs colors and logo.   Two other men stood by the large opening that most likely led to another part of the warehouse, both were carrying side arms.  One man stood by one of the few windows in the room, glancing outside ever few seconds, he too was armed.   The last stranger was casually leaning against the wall, picking at his nails with a knife.

Okay that was kind of gross.

And before me stood the men that had betrayed not only me but the Renegades.   Two men who just signed their death certificates because regardless of the outcome of today, I knew Nix would hunt them down.   My lips curled up at that thought, knowing that she would avenge my death. 

"What the fuck are you smiling about?   Do you forget where you are bitch.  Hunter has been waiting a long time for you.  We all have."  The crazy looking guy grunted as he flicked another nail with the knife.   Seriously did he not own nail clippers?

Ignoring his comment I turned my gaze back to the two men standing in front of me.

"Is money really worth betraying your brothers?  Worth turning me over to a psycho?"

"Yes for a fucking boat load of money.  Not many men can turn down $2 million, especially for a woman like you.   There was no way I would pass up the opportunity of getting paid to make you disappear and our Prez gets his balls back."

Laughing I realized just how dumb Snake really was? Seriously $2 million. Hunter may have been a fucking nut case but he was cunning.

There was no way Snake was ever going to make it out of here alive let alone be paid.   "$2 million you say.   Fuck that is hilarious.  You do realize that one of the reasons Hunter wants me is because the club is broke and I have a trust fund?   That's right broke as in nada, nothing, zilch!  That fucker needs my money to pay you but that is never going to happen."

His smug face slipped briefly as he finally contemplated my words. "He will pay me once he gets his hands on your money."

Again this guy obviously did not know who he was dealing with. He was delusional if he thought Hunter could be trusted. But I figured it wasn't worth any more of my breath, Snake was as good as dead as soon as Hunter arrived.   From what I understand Hunter valued loyalty and nobody was less loyal than a traitor.   I almost felt sorry for my ex-friend...almost being the key word.

"Will you two shut the fuck up, I don't want to hear all your chatter.   Rook go find out where the fuck Hunter is at, we need to get this shit handled."

Hate consumed me as I glared at the man I mistakenly put my trust in. I was past the point of being hurt and moved directly to pissed off. If I was still alive tomorrow...well then I could take the time to process all this shit but for now, pissed off was working for me.

"And what about you.   If he gets money what do you get?"  It shouldn't have mattered but it did.   Was all our time together nothing but a lie?   Our connection all just part of some big elaborate plan?

"I finally get my revenge."   That was it, nothing more just his revenge.   What the fuck did that even mean?  Of what or who I had no clue and it didn't look like I was going to get my answer either as he turned his back to me.

What a fucking coward, the bastard couldn't even face me. And at this point I shouldn't really care, I mean I was pretty much done for.   Why waste my last moments figuring out shit that in the end had no importance anymore.

A noise drew my attention to the large doorway. Fear began to turn my blood cold as I watched Hunter enter the room, his menacing gaze never leaving mine.   Tightening my muscles I refused my body to show any sign weakness as I watched my nightmare stop a few feet in front of me.   Nix had trained me well and I would not let that bastard see the effect he was really having on me.

Even after all this time the sight of him made me sick. Since the first time he groped me at fourteen, my body was repulsed by him. Good to see that didn't change.

"Oh Harley, Harley, Harley.   It really is a shame that you wasted all these years just to end up right where you were before.   So much time wasted when we could have been having so much fun.  No worries, I get the pleasure of breaking you in again."

My fists clenched against the chair.   Controlling my emotions I kept quiet and refused to react to the bastard in any way. He wouldn't win this time regardless if I died proving it.  

"Now let's take care of some business."  Without any hesitation Hunter pull his gun and shot Snake between the eyes.  His body jolting from the impact of the bullet before it crumbled to the ground.   Luckily I was prepared for this outcome as I tried to warn Snake but knowing it and seeing it are two completely different things.   Breathing deeply, I tried to keep my focus on Hunter and not the body on the ground.

"Good, one complication down.   I hate traitors they are so untrustworthy."  The bastard smirked as he stepped closer to me.  

"Now isn't this nice...I have to ask, how did the family reunion go?"