Chapter 4

The next few nights were pretty much the same, Axel showing up but with a different girl.

Christ,  I hated being right.  

Bikers were all about the three things: pussy, beer and the club.   I learned that lesson by the time I was ten and I was stupid to forget it. 

Even though I knew what type of man Axel was I still couldn't turn off my body's reaction to him.   I was seriously contemplating moving on.  Eight months was my max for staying any one place and I hoped Williamson was going to be the town that stuck.   I guess not.

"Sweetheart don't let Axel get you down, he just..."

"No worries Mac...I don't do relationships.   Never stick around long enough to finish one.    It is better this way."

" Your not thinking of skipping out on me are you girl?"  This was this first time I heard Mac use his biker voice on me.    The girls were right about the intimidating side of him, but it didn't work with me.

"Mac look...I am a gypsy.   The road is my home, I told you that when you hired me.   I will give you plenty notice when I head out.   Now stop with your big bad biker voice and leave me alone so I can work."

Pissed, Mac left me to my job.  I felt bad for hurting him, this was why I didn't do attachments.  And Mac and I were getting close.  On slow nights we would spend hours talking while killing time.

Yeah attachments sucked.  Some one always gets hurt.  

The monotony of filling orders kept my mind busy.   That was until table four became occupied.   Shit, I didn't need this tonight.   Did the man really have to flaunt his whores in front of me?   Christ he acted like he never heard the word no before. I get it, you can have any woman you want, did you have to toss it in my face?

After Candy finished her dance I watched as Mac sat down next to Axel.   Shit what was the old man yapping about now.   If I had to judge by Axels glare, the conversation was about me.   Christ he really needed to mind his own business, I didn't need his meddling.  

Pissed, I tried to focus on what I needed to finish so I could leave and since Laine the other bartender was closing tonight, I could as soon as I was done restocking the shelves.    After finishing I gave my goodbyes and headed to my jeep.  Maybe I would head south this time.   The weather was nicer down there and I haven't been in a few years.    

"Well if it isn't the bitch we were hoping for.   What your bodyguards too busy to save you now?"

Fuck.  Thing One and Thing Two obviously did not learn their lesson.  I so didn't need this shit right now.   As silently as I could, I reached into my bag to grab my taser.   Best goddamn purchase I ever made, but I could kick myself for leaving my knives at home.    Once I had it securely in my hand, I engaged it. 

"Look guys you don't want to do this.   The Renegades are all inside. One scream and they come running."   At least I hoped.

"Bitch we don't give a fuck about the Renegades.   We are here for you.   Your old friend Hunter said to tell you hi."

It was then I noticed their vests.  Panic slammed into me like a freight train.   No. No. No.  I was careful.  Christ my old MC was states away.   How the hell did that sick bastard find me.  

Thing One didn't give me much time before he made a grab for me.    Assuming I was an easy target was his first mistake.  Snapping out of my fear, instinct kicked in and the taser hit him right over the heart sending him to the ground flopping like a fish.  

Thing Two sprang into action and the taser was knocked to the ground by the car.    Shit I was so screwed since the man was huge but I was not going down without a fight.   I refused to go back to - hell.

The air was knocked out of me as my body slammed against the car behind me.   "Bitch you will pay for that."

Using the car as support I was able to get in three solid kicks before his fist landed.   Chest, stomach, face...his meaty fist made contact.    I was able to get in a few more hits and was almost certain a few bones in my hands were broken. Was the man made of fucking cement?

Luckily the dumb bastard threw me to the ground...right next to my Taser.  Thank fuck!    As his body convulsed on top of me, I heard Mac's voice yelling.   The weight was finally removed from my body.   Oh it was nice to finally breathe again, but it hurt like a bitch.  A sure sign that I had broken ribs...great they took forever to heal.  

"Harley. Sweetheart are you alright?  Christ both these guys are twice your size.   How the the hell did you knock both them out?"

"Taser." I whispered.  

The back parking lot was now swarming with Renegades.   My two attackers were being loaded into a van as Mac assessed my injuries.

"OUCH!"

"Yeah her ribs are broken Axel."  Thanks Mac I could have told you that before you poked around.   My teeth clenched as I tried to breath through the pain. 

"I am fine...not the first time..."

"Sweetheart as soon as we get you looked at, you and I are going to have a  long discussion about your past."  No we weren't, especially not now.  Now I needed to get the fuck out of here.

"Mac stop fussing.    As soon as I'm all patched up it is time for me to roll out."    I needed to lose Hunter before he sent more guys.   There was no way in hell I was going back home and to what was waiting for me.

After finding my footing, Mac was shoved out of the way and replaced by a very pissed off Axel.   His hands gently cupping my waist helping with my balance.    "Listen here darling, those were MC tats on those goons and I want to know why they were stupid enough to come after you.  Whether you like it our not, you are under our protection and I'll be damned if you get hurt again."

"Too late for that."   I whispered to him as I shuffled over to Mac's truck.   He was way too late for that.