Chapter 8

Three days.   Three fucking, long excruciating days.   That was how long I have been locked up, well okay I might be a little over dramatic on the locked up part.

The clubhouse was a far cry from being locked in a cell, but the impression was still the same.  I was not allowed to leave the property, hell I wasn't even permitted outside the main house. And it felt like no matter where I wandered, every eye was on me.

I wasn't used to being caged like this and as soon as I could I planned on getting the fuck out of here.   The only good thing about being on lockdown was my body had more time to heal.   My hand was almost back to normal and my ribs were manageable.  

I knew my jeep was parked somewhere on property but I needed to find it and the keys first before I could run again.   I didn't belong here and the SOD would know by now where I was staying...I couldn't chance them getting to me again.   In the last eight years this was the closest they have ever got to me and I preferred to keep it that way.

The Renegades didn't need this hassle, it wasn't their fight.  Sure I made friends with some of the brothers over the last few months but that didn't mean they had to die for me, because that was where this was headed. 

The SOD didn't care who they killed, they had no honor or morals.   They shot first and didn't care where the bullet landed, as long as they got what they were after.     I couldn't handle any more of the brothers coming to harm because of me, especially Mac...and Axel. 

Even though Axel had returned to his normal asshole self, I still had feelings for him as much as I hated to admit it.   The man just did something for me and my body was not one to let me forget it.   Part of me hated him for causing that type of reaction in me. The other part wanted him for it.

The man was giving me whiplash, going from a sweet concerned badass biker one minute to being a total prick who refused to even acknowledge my presence in the room the next. I swear the man was bipolar.

I hated how he was screwing with my emotions. On one hand I wanted him to throw me up against the wall and kiss me senseless, the next I wanted to beat the shit out of him. Do you see the dilemma?

Since my experience with men was pretty much limited to the fucked up relationship I had with my father and then Hunter... I was pretty much clueless in understanding anything about the opposite sex.

Oh I tried dating, but after several fumbled attempts, all on my behalf, I decided I was better off alone.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that I had several issues when it came to men and my scars.   I just chose to ignore them.  Christ when did things get so fucked up? 

"When you are done pouting Harley we need to ask you some questions." Axel interrupted.

What a fucking prick. I hated how my body heated up instantly from his deep voice, but his words heated me up in an entirely different way...an angry way.

"Fuck off Axel...just give me my keys and this problem for the Renegades disappears.   I don't need you rubbing your nose in my business."

"Well those assholes shooting up my bar made it my fucking business so stop being such a spoiled little princess and tell me what the fuck I need to know."  Since I was tossed back in Axel's room I managed to avoid any more of his "talks" by taking pain pills and feigning sleep.  

This time they had me cornered and it looked like their patience had ran out.   I didn't want or need them mixed up in this, but he did have a point. The SOD's brought this shit to their doorstep and now I knew they would never back down. Well shit.   Banging my head against the window I was looking out of, the realization that their club was now involved regardless if I left or not.