Chapter 5

Since the drive was longer then five minutes, I assumed the guys were not taking me home. My suspicions were confirmed when we pulled through two large metal gates. Crap, this was not where I wanted to be no matter what Axel said. I did not need their protection, I needed to get the hell out of Williamson.

The Renegades clubhouse was so much different from my old one. As I looked around the furniture was worn but clean and not broken or turned over.   Surfaces were not littered with empty beer bottles or used condoms, but aligned with knickknacks and picture frames.

No this place was well taken care of. It showed - Pride.

You could see it where ever you looked.   Photos neatly lined the walls of past members, current ones, alive and dead.   The bar was fully stocked and organized.  The pool and poker tables were off to the side but kept in order.   No this place was a far cry from the hell hole I grew up in.  

Axel insisted on carrying me in to what I assumed was a make shift infirmary.   The hospital like bed was lined with clean sheets and medical supplies were stacked tidily on the shelves that covered the large wall to the left.  

I knew I was a bit banged up but the guys were acting like I was about to fall apart at any minute...boy would they be shocked at my pain tolerance.  Resting back on the pillow I allowed the doctor to do his examination while I contemplated my next move. Florida was nice this time of year or maybe Georgia.

I definitely needed to move on, that much was for sure.   Thing One and Two most likely already reported back to Hunter and I couldn't chance him finding me, not after all this time.  

"Ouch!"  Dammit that hurt.

"Sorry ma'am."   The poor doctor was sweating bullets, you would be too if you had Axel glaring at you each time I made a peep in pain.   I tried to keep quiet, but dammit broken ribs hurt like a bitch.  

I listened as he clean and bandaged my cuts and scrapes up.  Luckily my hand was not broken and the doc just put it in a brace.

"Okay so I want to tape your ribs so they don't shift."  Before I could protest Axel commanded everyone out of the room but stayed behind.   Shit this wasn't good.  I knew from past experiences that it would be easier if I stood up while he taped my torso.   There was no way I could hide what lied beneath.  

"Can you please leave..."

"No."   That was all Axel said as he helped me out of the bed. Staring at him, he refused to move as the doc patiently waited next to me. After hesitating I sighed in defeat and slowly stood, I knew there was no point in arguing with the stubborn man.   It didn't matter because in forty-eight hours I would be gone.   I did appreciate the care he took in removing the vest I was wearing, his eyes never leaving mine.   Damn he had nice eyes.   Why did he have to have such nice eyes?  

The cursing behind me snapped me out of my eye gazing to realize what the doctor swore about. With a confused look Axel gently turned me...with my eyes closed I flinched as his fingers traced the larges gashes that marked my back.

No one said a word as the doc finished wrapping me up, surprisingly it felt better, easier to breathe after he was done.   Axel was still mute, pulled a clean shirt over my head and helped me dress again.

As he escorted me through the club house we both remained silent. It was pointless trying to come up with a story to tell him, and I knew I would have to tell him something.

The main area was filled with over a 100 men, I never knew the club had this many members and that fact shocked me. The murmurs ceased the second Axel and I stepped into the room, but we didn't stop like I thought we would. Confused, I continued to let him lead me upstairs.

We walked until I found myself in the doorway of a bedroom.   Ah that bed looked nice and comfortable and my body ached.   I urge to lie down consumed me, but realization soon hit me that this was someone's room prohibited me from moving.

"Whose room is this?"

"Mine, now lay down."   Axel's?

Oh no fucking way.  There was no way in hell I was staying in here, I knew the significance of it. 

"No.   Put me in a guest room or better yet take me home."   In a MC, sleeping in the room of the president was pretty much a declaration of ownership.   He may have fucked in here but no one ever stayed the night, not unless he was making a statement.   And I belonged to no one.

"Just get in the fucking bed Harley.   You are exhausted and need rest.   The room is clean!"   Who the fuck did he think he was?  I have spent a better part of my life dealing with controlling men exactly like him and I was sick of it.

"Fuck off Axel.   I am not staying here, now I appreciate the help but I belong to no one.   If I wanted to be someone's property I wouldn't have run."

Wrenching my arm from his grip I stumbled out of the room leaving a very pissed off biker behind cursing.   As I made my way back down stairs I was thankful that the pain killers were doing their job but I was not looking forward to tomorrow.  

Arms circled me gently and seconds later I was being carried back to the room I just stormed out of.   "Dammit Axel put me down, I want to go home."

"Mac, Hawk...get the fuck in here."  He yelled before entering and placing me on the bed.   "Now stay put."

This man was infuriating.   But damn this bed was comfy.  Why the hell did my body sink deep into the sheets, fuck focus Harley, we need to get out of here and plan our next move. But my world began to get fuzzy as I tried to sit up.

"Don't even think about it darling."  Mac growled as he sat on the edge of the bed, gently pushing me back down.

Looking around the room the three men all held the same pissed off, we take no bullshit from anyone look.   Well I was truly fucked.   There was no way I was getting out of this without giving them some type of information.

Luckily I could buy me some time as the pain killers were really doing their job now.  Leaning back into the cloud-like pillow I closed my eyes and took the chicken shit way out of talking...by falling into a drug induced sleep.