Chapter 11

Warning - violent scenes

For the second time this week I found myself tucked behind the walls of the clubhouse, however this time I wasn't in such a hurry to leave.   The long drive on the back of Axel's bike gave me time to organize my thoughts. 

As weird as the concept was to me, for the first time in my life I felt safe.   Being around Axel and Mac had a calming effect on me and even though I didn't understand it, I stopped questioning it.   Axel was right, once I stopped fighting everything and everyone the pieces started fitting. 

Take Mac for instance.   The burly man had weaseled his way into my heart without me even realizing it.   Hell Mac treated me more like a daughter then my own and dammit I loved the big guy for it.  

Now Axel he was a lot more complicated.   On one hand the man was infuriating and bossy.   He ran hot and cold, switching between the two so fast that it made my head spin.   You never knew what you were going to get when dealing with him and it drove me crazy.  

Then there were times like back in the motel that left me more confused than ever.   Just the fact that I let him not only see me naked but...um well, you know...left me dumbfounded.   Sure he was sexy and he totally revved my engine but the fact that I didn't freeze up or freak out the second his lips touched me blew my mind.  

Hell in the past just the touch of someone's hand on me had me swinging.   But not Axel.   My body had no problem allowing him to explore it, in fact it heated up at just the thought of it.   This new reaction scared the shit out of me, but at the same time excited me. 

I thought I would be broken forever.  Never connecting with anyone on a physical level.  I was ecstatic at finding I was wrong.

A commotion by the bar snapped me out of thought while I listed to Mac talk to Hawk.   Usually I didn't pay much attention when the brother's whispered in hushed tones but when the name Slash was mentioned my body jumped up on its own accord.  A rage instantaneously consuming me.

"Where is he?"   I yelled. 

"Who you talking about darling?"  Mac tried to play it off like he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Dammit Mac I heard you.   Where the fuck are you holding Slash?  Take me to him now!" How could I not have known the two men that fled the shoot out had been caught. I really need to stop living in my head so much and pay more attention to what the hell was going on around me.

"Darling you need to calm down.   Let me go get Axel..."

"Fuck Axel, so help you Mac if you don't take him to me right now not only will you have one very pissed off woman but I cut you completely from my life."   I stood there seething as Mac sighed and rubbed his hand over his face.   Nodding he motioned me to follow him.  

Hawk was trying to talk him out of this as we made our down a set of steps.   A few of the rooms had large locks on them but were currently empty.   But not the one at the end of the hall, no that one held to very bloody and beaten up bikers.

Slumped in one chair was a man I never trusted and hated almost as much as Hunter.  In the other chair was a man that I once trusted but betrayed me. Calling on all my training from my time with Nix, I turned off any emotions I may have had surfacing and concentrated on the task at hand. Dealing with these two fuckers.

Mac, Hawk joined Tank by the wall and watched as I stared a part of my past in the face.   They seemed to know what I needed and stepped back allowing me this chance.    Rage consumed me as their eyes lifted and connected with mine.   Slash has the audacity to smirk but Cricket was smart enough to keep a blank face and then bow his head. Smart man.