Chapter 29

"Dad..."

"NO, absolutely not.   Do you hear me Davy I forbid this."

"Dad..."

"And you, you are allowing this.   Sending my daughter to the slaughter?" He aimed at Axel.

"Cricket..."

"Do any of you know what that lunatic is capable of?  He is insane.   The warehouse is probably rigged, traps set.   The paranoid fuck will be prepared."

"Dad..."

"Goddammit Davy I won't allow this."

Cricket stormed around Axel's office continuing to yell at Axel for allowing this to happen.  Axel, Mac, and Nix just sat there letting the man who was my father have his say.   And man did he have a lot to say.

What the hell was with everyone?  It wasn't like this wasn't well thought out.  We were ready, Nix had back up plans in place.   I wasn't walking into this blindly, I knew the chance I was taking so why couldn't anyone get that?   My head was starting to ache after listening to everyone  yelling and screaming.   Their lack of faith in me really hurt.

Looking over at Nix I could tell she was trying hard not to explode as Cricket turned his anger towards her, well at least I had one person in my corner.  

"...are you fucking stupid letting her walk right in there, turning herself over to that lunatic, if you..."

"ENOUGH ALREADY!   THAT IS FUCKING ENOUGH."  I shouted as I got in my father's face.   Shocked he slowly stepped back and sat down.

It was one thing to come at me, but it was another to attack Nix.  

"NOW LISTEN UP BECAUSE I AM ONLY GOING TO SAY THIS ONCE!" 

Nix's anger was instantly replaced with humor as she tried to hide her amusement.   She knew once someone flipped my bitch switch there was no stopping me.  

"All of you sit here and talk about me like I am some weak, pathetic, little girl.   Well news flash to all of you!  I AM NOT WEAK!  I have survived ON MY OWN for years!  After I was tortured and raped.   I had no one, NO ONE to get me through that time, I did that all on my own.   So give me a little FUCKING credit when I tell you that I know what the HELL I am doing.   You don't think I know the risk I am taking?   I DO!   There is not another person in this room who can say the same.   I suffered at the hands of this bastard for years before he even touched me.   His face has haunted me since that night and you think I don't know what I am doing?   Well fuck all of you and your lack of faith in me."

The room was silent.  Only my heavy breathing could be heard as I took a few moments to reign in my anger. 

"Tomorrow is happening.  Deal with it. But do it away from me!  Nix you handle these morons.   I will be in the motorhome preparing.   Everyone else leave me the fuck alone!"

My body trembled with rage was I slammed the door behind me.  A childish thing to do but at this point I didn't give a fuck.   The men gave me a wide berth as I stormed through the clubhouse to the outside.  I have a feeling that my outburst did not go unnoticed.   

Once inside the MH, my first stop was the fridge.   The beer cooled down my body as it soothed my throat.   I had just finished my second with the door opened and Nix entered.

"Damn girl, when you go bitch, you go bitch.   Those poor bastard's didn't know what to do after you stormed out.   It was priceless.   I am guessing none of them had seen that side of you before, but damn I wish I recorded it because their faces were funny as shit."

Reaching past me she grabbed a full beer off the counter.   "So what's the plan...we get drunk and I take advantage of you?"

Laughing, beer flew out my nose as tears filled my eyes from the burn.  "Dammit Nix."

"What that was funny.   Got you out of bitch mode didn't it?"

God I missed this woman.  

"Now we have a lot of shit to do before we head out to set up.   I already have our escape plan laid out.   We only need three hours round trip and we will be back before the guys know we are missing.   I think after you little performance in there they know better than to come knocking on this door."

Looking over the maps, Nix and I laid out where we were setting up our own traps and disable their bombs while we were at it.   By the time midnight hit, we were both dressed, armed and ready to head out. I felt bad that we didn't inform the guys of this part of the plan, but Nix wasn't risking my life on the unknown.

Shutting down the command center, we snuck out and headed for the south fence.   A truck sat waiting behind the fence and I choose not to even ask how it go there.   It was scary to know the type of contacts this woman had. I stuck to the motto that I was on a need to know basis when it came to her. So far it worked well for me so I was sticking with it.

After loading up, we headed out into the night. Once we hit the highway her hand reached over and squeezed mine.

"You okay?"

"Yeah Nix, I am good."

Now if I could just believe that...