Chapter 9

"Yn!" Marissa yelled out from her office. I slowly made my way to her office, leaving my cubicle & taking my binder with me. "You have a Erin Fetherston Fashion Show tomorrow, around noon. A limo will be awaiting you so make sure you'll be ready." she spoke in sophisticated tone, fixing her blouse. "Will do m'am" I spoke softly, leaving the room. It feels as if i'm carrying a bunch of luggage on my back. The guilt on my conscious is eating me alive. I left the simmons house this morning. I only left because a few reasons to be honest. 

I Don't want to be a burden to Mrs. J. I know she's going through an emotional time & I don't want to add any more pressure on her by living in her home. I know she looks at me as a daughter and I appreciate the love.

Daniel seemed to be pretty pissed at me last night. I could barely touch him. I couldn't bear the feeling of him treating me in such way. But that same night I got a phone call from Marissa which is my manager. We've been talking for a while. She confirmed that night, that I was officially hired onto her agency. I've been making a good amount of money. I decided to buy my own place. My dream job was to always become a makeup artist. I've always been a creative & artsy type of person. Once I see a vision, I go forward to pursue it! 

"Goodnight m'am. I'll be at the fashion show fixing up the models tomorrow" I spoke. "Erin looks forward to seeing you there hun! Make sure the models look glamorous!" she replies. I gave a soft smile. I sighed to myself, deep in my trail of thoughts once I was inside the car. I think it's time I go back to the simmons house. I have to explain myself obviously, plus I need to move my belongings to my new home.

I ran the door bell, running my fingers through my curls. "Coming!" I heard a warming voice say. It wasn't her. "Oh hi, Yn...." he spoke awkwardly. "Hi Russ." I said in a joyful tone, trying to lighten up the mood. He opened the door wide enough for me to come in while giving me a tight hug. I went towards the kitchen, giving Mama J a warm greeting. She keep ranting about how much I scared her half to death. 

"Is Daniel here?" I asked.  "Yes, he sure is. Are things between you two love birds okay?" she asked. She could always tell when something wasn't right & that's what I loved about her. "Um, Yea." I said playing with my fingers. I made my way towards his room, I stopped in my tracks when I heard strange sounds coming from his room. My heart began to race.