Chapter 33

"Babe! Are you ready to go?" Dan yelled. "Yes! Hold on!" I screamed back applying my lipgloss. I walked down the stairs to see him on the couch on his phone. He looked over at me licking his lips, "Damn.." He spoke. I laughed at his reaction, "Boy shush! We're just going house hunting!" I laughed out. "I know, but you always look stunning." I blushed at his statement before saying, "Do you have the folder that I gave you earlier?" "Yes." He replied. He got up heading to the front door. I grabbed my purse before I headed out with Dan. About twenty minutes later, we arrived at one of the houses we were interested in. "Hi, You must be Daniel and Yn." A lady with straight hair, chocolate skin said coming over to us. She shook my hand, walking over to Daniel while giving him a tight hug. I cleared my throat in response, while she leg go & eye balled me. I have her the death stare, she stared at the ground being afraid. Daniel looked away awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with me. I just laughed before walking inside of the house that was for sale. I heard footsteps trail behind me in a steady beat. "It has 5 bedrooms, 3 floors, 3 bathrooms, and a pool." The woman began to speak, showing us around. The sound of her voice began to fade away as I was beginning to daydream. The house was truly beautiful. For some reason, my instincts was to decline the offer. I marched upstairs to where Daniel the real estate agent was. "Oh hi Yn!" She spoke in a clearly fake cheerful tone. I smiled weakly at her, "We have decided to not buy the house." I said. Daniel looked at me in confusion with scrunched eyebrows. Before I left out of the room, I grabbed the car keys from Dan. I got in the car, starting the engine up while waiting patiently. About five minutes later, he came out of the house in an awkwardly manner. He looked at me before beginning to drive. I took my phone that was now ringing out of my purse, sliding the answer bar. "Hello?" I spoke. "Yn, sweetheart!" The person on the other line spoke. "Mom?" I questioned "Yes, it's me. I need you to meet me by the lake around 5." She responded. "Give me one good reason why I should come see you. I barely want to talk to you right now." I spoke. She took a deep breath before starting her next sentence.