Chapter 25

"My daddy says that life comes at you fast
We all like blades of grass
We come to prime and in time we just wither away
And it all changes
My view with a looking glass won't catch the past
Only photographs remind us of the passing of days
Oh nothing stays the same from yesteryears
See I recall being afraid of the dark
And holding on to teddy bears
I'd wrap myself in blankets just to cover me from fears
That was then and now I'm here
And the night is mine"

I'm bobbed my head to Alessia Cara's song Seventeen. Daniel was at the studio, he old me that he wouldn't be home until 5:00 pm. Usually he would have to work over time but surprisingly he didn't have much work to do. I was bored out of my mind, I didn't have to go back to work until tomorrow. Marissa (A/n- If you haven't forgotten, that is her boss😂) emailed me all of the details. I felt my stomach grumble underneath the covers. I poked my bottom lip out while pulling the covers back and going downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge, my eyes got big. "Ugh, this is why we need to stop eating out" I thought to myself. I put on my VS 'PINK' sweats while grabbing my car keys. I plugged in the aux cord while continuing to playing Alessia Cara's album. I went to whole foods, making a mental list of things that we needed. As I walked, entering the grocery store, I saw about 5 police cars. I fluttered my eyes closed tightly before fluttering them back open. I felt as if my ear drums were about to burst. I wanted to ignore what was going on, but I like to be alerted of my surroundings. I saw 2 men running, but one of them looked familiar. The police was running behind them. I saw one of them run inside of the store, while the other one got caught & was put inside a police car. Most of the policemen drove off but two of them stayed to look for the other man that went inside. I went fully inside of the store, now that the chaos went down. I went to the fruit section, I was planning to make a fruit smoothie when I got back home. I grabbed a plastic bag while attempting to put my items in the bag. The carton of strawberries that I grabbed slipped out of my hand. I looked down making sure that none of them fell out, thank goodness that they were all still in place. As I picked the carton up, I felt someone touch my hand. I looked around on the floor, confused as to who it could be & what could they possibly want with me? I looked and saw Colin hiding in a corner. I gasped at him while yelling "What the hell do you want!" "Shhh...the police may still be here" he replied putting his finger up. I slapped him across his face wondering was he out his damn mind? He slowly stood up while looking around cautiously. He grabbed me by my waist, attacking my neck with his lips. I pushed him off forcefully while kicking him in his lower area. "You little bitch!" He screamed at me. His anger turned into laughter while trying to get up. I lunged at him, fully attack him until I got tired. He pushed, basically threw me across the room. By now, the police had came but ain't this point I didn't care. I got up one last time while forcefully stomping him in his face then I walked out dropping all of my things on the floor. I could hear the police calling after me but I rushed to my car.