Chapter 12

Song of the Chapter: Funny by Tori Kelly (this is my favorite song ever okay bye)

    Bella's P.O.V. (they've already been through Florida and are headed to St. Louis)

"WAS IT REAL OR WAS IT ALL IN MY HEAD!" Kylie screamed. I covered my ears. 

"I didn't do that Kylie." Nash said back. 

"I don't believe it. Nash, I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore. I still really care about you." she said. 

"Kylie don't. They make up these lies to hurt us." I whispered. 

"THERE'S A PICTURE, BELLA." 

"THE PICTURE IS SO FAKE!" I yelled. A tear fell down her cheek. 

"I'm leaving the tour. Tickets and everything. It will go better without me." She said. Nash sighed and as she walked out he looked down. I got an idea. I walked up to where the driver of the bus was sitting there. His name is Bob. 

"Hey Bob." I said. 

"Hey girl." he said and I smiled. 

"Can I use your megaphone?" I asked. 

"Go ahead." He said jerking his thumb to where it was sitting. I nodded and grabbed it. 

"MAGCON! MEET ME IN THE BACK IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR HEAD CHOPPED OFF!!! LET'S GO WEIRDO'S EMERGENCY MEETING NOW!" I yelled into the megaphone as I walked through the bus. I looked at my friend's faces. All of them. Dull and sad. Shawn, Cameron, and Daniel seemed they were like the only ones who were okay. I wondered how. Shawn looked at me and wrapped me in a hug from behind. It was one of those hugs that a brother would give you. I couldn't smile right now but I touched Shawn's hand and nodded to show him that he made me feel better. 

"I'm sorry Bella." I heard him sniffle and I turned to see him crying. That's when I realized. Shawn wasn't okay. He just felt like he had to be. For me and his sister and his friends and his fans. 

"God, Shawn. You never hold it in. You'll just explode." I whispered and I walked around with him as I gathered everyone. I grabbed my guitar. A new one. Given to be by Taylor. He said he missed my birthday and I cried when I held it in my hands and strummed the keys for the first time in a year. I remember it better than I remember any day during the tour. The buzz in my fingers as I touched the instrument. I played a song Funny by Tori Kelly and cried as I did it. That was the day. That was the happiest I had felt in a long time. I mentally added it to my list of things I could never stop repaying Taylor for. 

I'm going to sing Funny. 

I sat down Indian Style on the couch and strummed the guitar quietly as everyone sat down and I started playing the song. Taylor recognized it immediately. His lips curved into a smile. First time in a week. 

"It's so easy to lose all the meaning of who you are

What is your definition of a true superstar?
Is it ? Is it money? Is it power? Is it fame?
Are you in it for the glory? What's the purpose? What's the game?
Everything you ever wanted got you tied up in chains
Be careful how you the game

'Cause the same things that chose you are the same things that own you
The same thing that built you is the same thing that kills you
The same ones that praise you are the same ones that hate you
Funny how it all goes around

If you lose your soul, you lose it all
If you're at the top, then brace for the fall
Surrounded by faces, but no one to call
Funny how it all goes around

If you lose your soul, you lose it all
If you're at the top, then brace for the fall
Surrounded by faces, but no one to call
Funny how it all goes around