Chapter 14

1 week later 

SOC: All I Ever Need by Austin Mahone 

I'm still mad at Daniel. We haven't talked much. It hurts me so bad to not be cool with him.

  But I can't think about that...I'm getting ready for MAGCON. No distractions. I curled my hair and threw Carter's snapback on my head with Shawn's flannel on top of MY skinny jeans and red Vans. 

"Let's go losers." I said. 

"Yeah." Mahogany said and followed me out. 

"Look it's Skye." Kylie whispered to me. I chuckled under my breath. 

"Hey Skye." I said to keep it from being awkward. 

"Hey Dallas." he said with a slight smile in his voice. My heart felt heavy. I wanted to just tell him to ignore the entire argument...like it never happened. 

"cough awkward cough." Matt said. I face palmed him. 

"Come on." I said and we walked out to the van that took us to the place where the event was. 

   As the people filed in, I watched Daniel tune his guitar and talk to Sammy.  Maybe even laugh every once in a while. 

 Should I talk to him?

  No!

  I have to fix it. 

Not now. It's already bad. 

He probably hates me right now anyways. 

Exactly.

I ended up ignoring my conscience. I walked over to the spot where they were sitting. Sam looked up and chuckled. 

"You're fierce. Good luck tiger." he said as he walked by. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Hey Skye." I said. He smiled. 

"Hey Dallas." he said and stood up. 

"Um I uh..." My thoughts carried me away. That's when Mahogany said his name. 

"Oh you're uh on..." I said. Kill me. 

"Yeah...Bye Dallas..." 

"Bye Skye..." I said. 

I watched from the side of the stage. 

"Hey guys...I know I said I was singing Maybe...but there's been a change in plans." he said. I looked up. He started strumming the guitar. 

"This is called First Heartbreak." he said. The song was sang by a chic so he had to change some of the lyrics for performance reasons. It was obvious he sang it for me. 

"Bella...I love you..." he said looking at me. That's when I just couldn't take it anymore. I ran up on the stage and wrapped my legs around his torso and my arms around his neck. 

   My eyes opened and I was crying. 

"Shhh, Bella." I hear Matt's voice. 

I was dreaming. 

"Are me and Daniel..." I started. 

"Yeah." he said. 

"So I was just dreaming the part where it was all fixed." I said. 

"Yeah." 

"I'm still stuck."

"Yeah." I said for him. 

"It will be fixed." he said. 

"Highly doubt it." I said. 

"Love fixes itself." Matt said. 

"We have different definitions of love." 

"Do you believe it exists?" he asked. 

"Yeah." 

"Then our definitions of love are the same." Matt said. 

"What is your exact definition of love?" I ask. 

"Love- (n) an intense feeling of deep affection." I heard Kylie whisper. I smile. 

"Go to him." Taylor repeated the words he said to me that night of the argument. I started to wonder if he was being sarcastic. It sounds more like Taylor if you think about it in a sarcastic way.

"Taylor I-" I was about to protest but I was interrupted. 

"Stop it already." Mahogany said. 

"Are we all gonna sit around and talk about my love life at 1 in the morning?" I asked. 

"No you're going to go talk about it with Daniel." Taylor said and pushed me out the door and I heard it lock. Now I'm stuck. I'm gonna do it. I went to the door and opened the door with my key. Daniel was sitting on the bed strumming his guitar. He looked up at me and put down his guitar. 

"Hey Skye." I said. 

"Hey Dallas." he said back. I was wondering if I was dreaming again. We sat in silence. 

"Let's walk?" he asked. 

"Yeah." I said. I put on one of Cameron's hoodies. 

   The warm Chicago air hit my face. 

"Love-(n) an intense feeling of deep affection." 

It's intense alright. 

And deep. 

And an awful mix of emotions. 

And stupid. 

And confusing. 

And I love how it's imperfectly perfect. 

  Like us. 

"Can we go back to being us?" he suddenly asked. 

"Yeah." I said. He looked at me and looked at me for a long time. 

"I love you." he said and I was anticipating that kiss that never came. 

"I love you too." I said and started to turn away when he grabbed my hand and I was reeled into his arms. 

"What were you thinking I wasn't gonna kiss you?" he asked. 

"Yeah pretty much." I said. He leaned down and planted the kiss I longed for.