I Hate Water! : [Haruka Nanase x Reader]

I always kinda wanted to make an Iwatobi one-shot.

I'm so excited!

This is also in tribute to 9/11 *takes off hat* "Oh say can you see? By the dawns early light..."

• | Π | • • | Π | • • | Π | • • | Π | •

Your Point of View

The clear, reflective surface rippled as you watched a boy dip his toes in the water. As you watched in horror and awe the glittering, iridescent liquid racked your body with goosebumps and shivers. You saw one particular boy strip out of his clothes, his bathing suit underneath his pants.

Your eyes widened as he glided into the water, as if embracing it.

You fingered tightened on the fence as you watch the boy rise to the surface, whipping his hair out of his face. Just as your hands began to lose circulation, his eyes made their way over to yours, and your heart jumped to your throat. You were speechless as his hard, blue eyes locked onto your (e/c) gaze.

You felt something hard touch your shoulder, and you jumped back, clutching your silver necklace. "Ah! Who the hell are you!" you screamed, staring at the stranger. It was a girl, with dark pink hair and big, clear maroon eyes. There was a slight smile on her face as she looked over to the boys you were staring at. "Hi, my name is Kou, and I saw you watching the swim club. Are thinking of joining?" You felt the blue eyed boys eyes on you, and you swallowed the bike in your throat. The very thought of water made me want to puke. Kou kept staring at you patronizingly, and your grip on the necklace was deathly.

"I wasn't watching the swim club."

Her face was skeptical. "Sure. But you really should join the swim club, it's actually really fun!" Kou's grin was mocking you.

Your fingers stroked the necklace.

"No! Leave me alone!" you shouted, gathering the attention of all the swim clubs members. "I hate water and joining this club would be a waste of my time." Your hands dropped from your necklace and were rigid beside your body. You then turned around and strut away from Kou, when she caught up with you and grasped your shoulder.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry if I said something to upset you but-"

"Let go of me!" you screamed and threw her off of your arm. Kou stumbled and for a split second you felt numbed regret pass through you, and then a second later the rage was back where it belonged. As you ran away from the scene, Kou and the rest of the swim team watched you in shock. Who was this girl who hated water?

• • •

"Oh look, it's (Y/n)..." someone whispered as you passed them. You grit your teeth, the angry set scowl on your face as per usual.

Your skirt billowed behind you as you speed walked through the halls, one hand holding your bag, slung over your shoulder. "Yeah, I don't get her problem..." another said, and you stopped dead center of the hall, one hand playing with your necklace. "Oi! If you have something to say, say it to my face you cowards!"

The girl who whispered were now shutting their lockers and walking away as quickly as they could.

For the rest of your walk through the hall, everyone made way you.

When you made it to your locker, you hadn't noticed the people surrounding it. You quickly entered your combination '34-1-29' and quickly grabbed your history book. Just as you were going to shut your locker, someone cleared their throat. Your eyes shot to the left, to where four boys and Kou were standing. "Hi, (Y/n)," Kou said, that smile plastered in her face. Two of the other boys smiled at you, while the one, with purple hair, seemed to be bored, and the one with the deep blue eyes and dark hair stared at you intensely.