Wedding Day: [Fiona x Gumball]

× × ×

"Don't fuss," Cake hissed at me, drawing my hair back into a tight, intricate bun. I was sitting in a cold metal chair, my eyes closed as my sister - and best friend - Cake, did my makeup. I felt the brush sweep across my cheek, my nose twitching. "Move again and I'll beat you with the comb. Now, SIT STILL."

I kept my eyes closed and listened to faint rustle of cloth on cloth. A few minutes later, Cake spun me around, facing the mirror. Of course my eyes were still closed, but I somehow knew once I opened my eyes I would never be the same. Well, after today I wouldn't be the same. I'd be someone else. But I'd also be myself. "Okay baby, open your eyes..." I slowly opened my eyes and gasped loudly as I glanced in the mirror. I didn't look like Fiona Mertens anymore; I looked a woman.

My long, floor length blonde hair was in a bun placed atop my head, one lonesome tendril of pale hair sweeping against my cheek ever so lightly. My eyes, big and blue, seemed to be much larger. There was black and baby blue eyes shadow shading in my lids, and then transitioned into a soft grey. There was some eyes liner that formed into two symmetrical wings on either side, giving my eyes the older and more sophisticated look. My lips were a pastel red and made my perfect white teeth stand out.

"Awe baby girl, you're so beautiful!" Cake wiped some tears away from her eyes and then took a deep breath. "He's gonna get blown away. I promise you that." I smiled at Cake and then stood up.

"Okay, now that this is done, where's my dress?" I didn't want her fawning over me much more; she was going to burst into tears.

"Uh, yeah. Over there." I walked to where Cake's hand had stretched to, and I swallowed the lump in my throat. It was absolutely beautiful.

The dress came down past my feet, with a long train that splayed all around. It was tight at the waist and flowed down into a poufy paradise. Up above the waist it was low cut, showing cleavage tastefully, and little gold trimming decorating the edges. It was spaghetti strapped, and accentuated my features. Everything today was perfect; although I was more than a little unsure.

"We have half an hour Fiona," Cake whispered. "We have to get ready soon." I nodded, trying to fight the impending tears. It was my big day, and nothing was going to ruin it. Soon enough I was into my wedding dress, feeling the most beautiful I've ever felt in my life. I didn't feel like a petty adventurer anymore: I felt like a woman. "Okay honey, I got you a present." I frowned.

"You didn't need to get me anything Cake. Just you being here makes up for anything you could've bought me." Cake laughed, pulling something out of her dress pocket.

"Well...it's really old tradition, but I heard when you get married, you need something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue." I shook my head.

"Who cares?" Cake gasped.

"I do! Now come here so I can put this on you."

Cake dragged me over to the full length mirror, and I couldn't help but look at myself. She then held up two big blue sapphires dangling from a chain. They were earrings.

"I got these from mom before she died...something old, and blue you know..." I could tell Cake was a second from sobbing.

"Calm down Cake. I love it!" I gave cake a hug, burying my face into the crook between her neck and shoulder.

"Okay, no more tears!" she exclaimed. "Now something borrowed. This is Peppermint Maids garter, she said she wants it back." I blushed.

"And for something new, I got you this." Cake pulled out a headband, and I inhaled sharply. It was a bunny headband, but on it was a veil that came down to cover my face. My name was embroidered on it in golden letters.