Sugary Sweet Smiles: [Taiga x Ryuuji]

Sugary Sweet Smiles

♡ ♡ ♡

I had never seen such beauty grace one human being.

It wasn't her button nose, or small pouty mouth that made her seem so. No, it wasn't, nor was it her almond shaped eyes that had long, curled lashes that nearly touched her perfectly arched brows.

It wasn't any of those.

It was that large grin on her face that made me stop in my tracks and stare in utter shock and awe.

I had walked inside my home, as always, getting back from work. I heard laughs and giggles. I felt rolled my eyes as I placed my bag down on the ground near the door, and hung my coat on the rack, shaking the wet droplets out of my hair. The laughs began to get louder, and I had no idea why. I went to investigate.

When I walked through the kitchen door, I was instantly hit with an aroma I knew very well. "Are you making cookies?" I gasped. I thought I had made a few just yesterday

My wife's head whipped from where she was standing and I was dazzled with her smile. It was broad, from cheek to flushed cheek, left me breathless as always. Beside her, sitting on the counter half naked was my beloved daughter, Chiyo. She sported a smile much like her mothers. The little girl barely had any teeth, but it only made her cuter. Every time I looked at her sugary sweet smile I would melt a little and fall in love with my little girl all over again.

"Daddy!" Chiyo shouted. "You home! You home!"

I scooped up my baby girl in my arms and laughed as her high pitched laugh sounded in my ears. "Yes, daddy's home."

I turned to my wife as I placed Chiyo down on the counter. "I missed you all day, Taiga," I whispered in her ear, making her flush a bright red; although it was hard to see through her dark skin, I knew it was there.

"Stop it, you're embarrassing me, you dummy," she exclaimed, a fiery glared aimed towards me now.

I just winked and wrapped my arms around her from behind, rocking her from side to side. It made me wish I could hold Taiga in my arms always, but then we'd both die of hunger. I nuzzled the side of her neck, when she gasped and I felt something smack into my face. As soon as I let her go I pulled off a freshly baked cookie.

"Gah! Taiga!"

"Well you wouldn't let go!" She shouted.

I only sighed and held the bridge of my nose, glancing up at Taiga. Nonlonger paying attention to me, her eyes were training on Chiyo bathing in cookie dough. She always had a small smile, (or pout) on her face. She glanced up at me, and bit her lip, turning away and looking back at our child. She was so shy, even after being married for six years.

I wiped the cookie remnants off of my face, and watched her nervously play with her fingers and smile down at baby Chiyo.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

《□》 ○ 《□》 ○ 《□》 ○ 《□》

IDK ABOUT YOU, but I want Ryuuji to be my dad. Or my husband. Whichever.

Anyway, hope you like, although it's short.

But also cute.

Feedback is wanted.

Peace!