CHAPTER 4

|••• Violet's POV •••|

The bell for lunch rang while I was still tryna solve sums in physics class which I had with Smith. But the keyword here being 'trying'.

After my umpteenth groan, I came to the realization that I suck at physics and I have seriously thought about millions of ways to make Newton suffer when we meet above. As the teacher accumulated her stuff and turned to leave, I jumped out of the bench as if it was on fire and packed my bag.

"Woah, easy tiger!" Smith says while slinging the bag on his shoulder.

"Actually, its tigress." I say and walk out of the class with Smith following me.

He rolls his eyes at me which made me shrug at his response in nonchalance.

We make our way to the lockers together and I busied myself in cleaning up some mess and placing my books inside. Just as I turn around to spot Smith, he disappeared in thin air. Craning my neck a little, I saw him caught up with some friend. I wave my hand frantically and that makes him look at me.
He mouths 'catch you later' to me and starts talking with him again.

I shrug and start walking towards the cafeteria a little faster when I realize how much desperate my tummy is for food. The day till now was going pretty well. I had english alone, biology with Jasmine, geography and physics with Smith.

Turning around the corner of the hallways, I neared the gates of the cafeteria and could hear screeched noises. Jogging up a little out of curiosity, I saw a crowd gathered.

Drama has already begun and it's just the second day.

Upon entering the scene, I saw Jasmine arguing with Ashley who happens to be the head cheerleader of our school.

Now, I know what notions we have about the head cheerleader in high school and truthfully Ashley wasn't much different. She wasn't a female dog to everyone and not at all the bullying type but if you got in her way of what she wants, you may have decided to make your school life hell because she ensures that it is.

So seeing them heaving their chests up and down to calm themselves and almost refraining from breaking each other's neck came as quite a shocker.

I saw Tessa round the corner so I went over to her. Smith and the couple still aren't here and they actually don't happen to be my main concern now.

Before I could ask her what happened --

"How dare you say that to me?" Ashley clearly over-reacts and points towards herself raising a perfectly manicured finger.

I raise my eyebrow in question to Tessa but she is busy enjoying the scene that is unfolding in front of everybody.

I bet the only thing she needs now is popcorn with coke.

"What is going on?" I ask rather frustratingly which comes out loud enough for the curious onlookers to hear.

If there was something known as eating back of words, it would be greatly appreciated by me as I saw all heads snap in my direction.

Specially Ashley's.

She narrows her eyes at me while I can imagine smoke out of her ears.

The anticipated crowd waits for her response.

God, it isn't some nail biting football match. It's just two people with contradicting opinions.

"I found your nose, Taylor . It was in my business." She almost yells as her hands curl into fists.
I take a deep breath so as to I swallow my anger. I may not be topping the social charts of my school but that doesn't mean I ll take shit from anybody.