CHAPTER 16

|••• Violet's POV •••|

               I reach the locker rooms while successfully avoiding the jealous stares of the female population and meet Jasmine who is busy rummaging through her locker. 'Our' locker rather.  

"Hey there!" She hugs me. 

"Hi." I say. 

"So, how is it like to be someone's slave?" She asks me like some classic nosy reporter. 

"It's like you want to revolt but you are tied to the chains of embarrassment because once the picture is out, you know the girls of this school. It's not a big deal and maybe I am fussing too much but I don't wanna invite any sort of nonsensical attention towards me." I sigh. 

"I get your point but if I were you, I'd go ahead with the feisty option of not giving a damn about that picture." She shrugs. 

"That's so you. But take this thing as an instance. Sam dropped me off and all my way here, I have been stared as if I am an alien. I bet the girls out there who are his fans were mentally stabbing me already. This is insanity. Need I tell you their reaction when they see that picture?" I ask her. 

"Ridiculous. By the way, I came along with the twins and Tessa. T is being summoned by the P.E sir as they have some inter- school competition to discuss. She is going to represent Wilson High. That's so cool!" She exclaims. 

"Oh that's amazing! This just makes all of us even more proud of her." I say. 

"Speaking of which, what must've happened between her and Smith?" 

"They will come around, Jazz. Right now, I am running late so catch up with you later." I say and walk away after grabbing my stuff from her locker. 

____________________________________________

*Lunch break*

            My hair hide my face which makes up for a perfect veil to cover my blush due to the constant gossiping about Sam dropping me off. Gosh! I am sick of the nonsense. I reach the cafeteria and feel relieved to see my friends chilling at our usual table. Suddenly, my phone rings and I check it to see a call from Smith. 

"Hey, whats up?" I pick up.

"I need to meet you. I just got out of class. Come up to the school terrace now." He says, chucking the call. 

Okay, what's up with people commanding me nowadays? 

I walk out of the cafeteria with a deep sigh. His tone sounded urgent which makes my pace faster. Dodging people on my way, I reach upstairs but my lightening speed got interrupted by a phone call. A phone call by my annoying as hell master. 

"What now?" I ask him. 

"Hello to you too! You got work to do." He says.

"I have something really important to deal than do your jobs. I will have got to postpone it." I say with as much calm voice as possible. 

"Whatever! I want it done before lunch break." He commands. 

"I ll try. What is the work?" I ask.

"Clean my car." He says and I swear he must've smirked while saying this.

"But it was clean in the morning ..." I argue.

"But now it isn't." He says which makes me grit my teeth.

"Okay. Anything else?" I ask.

"No. Bye!" He hangs up without further ado. 

I shake my head at his behavior and jog up to the terrace. I open the door to find Smith standing near the railing, overlooking then football ground.