CHAPTER 6

|••• Violet's POV •••|

I was having feisty ideas.
You know the phase where you are so mad at yourself, you almost feel like screaming in frustration so much so that it endangers one's hearing skills or pulling all your hair out because maths crosses your tolerance level.

That poor Conner lady was trying her best to make it interesting for me but me being the sleep deprived person which I am actually known for was finding it difficult to keep my eyes open let alone solve the sums.

Or trying to solve the sums.

That ring of the bell is my lifeline rig--

Tring!

Thank the heavens.
I rush out of the class and make my way to the lockers.
The day was finally over and I couldn't be more thankful for it.

I still haven't thought about replying Sam. Guess I ll just ignore him and maybe that ll stop him to irritate me.

Just thinking about him made a scowl appear on my face and I was in the foulest of my moods.

During my way to the parking lot, I saw Jasmine coming over to me while I tried to straighten my scowl with a weak smile.

"Hey!" She says breathlessly as she jogged her way to me.

"Hi!" I hope I sounded equally enthusiastic.

She gives me a weird suspicious look but then thankfully shrugs it off.
I can't wait to be home right now.

_______________

"You know what?" Jasmine asks me, killing the silence as I drove my way out of school.

"Hmm?" I ask her absentmindedly.

"I know when something is wrong with you,V. You have been eerily silent since I met you in the hallways. You didn't say much in particular as you always do when we all were hanging out back then in school. What is it?" She asks me gently.

"It's Sam." I sigh.

"Sam Ryder?" She asks me incredulously.

"Yes." I almost whisper.

"Now, now my bestfriend. I would want you to please elaborate on this. I am all ears." She says excitedly.

So, I tell her when and how things happened.

"Why didn't you tell him your name?" That's the first thing she asks.

"That's the only you catch, don't you? Why can't you see that it is Sam we are talking about here? What if he makes me one of his play toys? He already got my number." I grit my teeth.

"Whatever the case may be but I think you are being too much hyped about it. Chill, will you?" She rubs my arm to calm me down.

"Yeah, maybe I should just let this blow away." I mutter and we fall back again in comfortable silence.

___________________

Getting it out of my chest and talking to Jasmine about it definitely made me feel a little better. I dropped her off and was currently on the way to my place.

As the familiar neighbourhood starts to pass by, I speed up anticipating my eagerness to reach home.
My house finally comes into view and I instantly a hell lotta better, completely forgetting about Sam.

I park the car and rush towards the door to ring the doorbell.
Impatiently tapping my foot, I wait for mom to open but there seems no response from the other side.

That's strange!

I take the extra keys out from the flower pot near the steps and open the door.

"Mom!" I shout but nobody responds back.
I go to the kitchen counter to find any notes as my mum usually sticks them there.

"Gotcha!" I mumble to myself when I found one.

  Sweetie,
I am out for a party with my friends. I won't be home before midnight. Your dad is working overtime so don't expect him. I have left some money in the purse. Go and have dinner. You can call over Jasmine if u want. No funny business.

Love ,
- Mom

I groan while throwing the note in the dust-bin.
My mom still has those crazy group of friends who probably turn ten years younger when they are together at kitty parties.

I check the watch to see that it's only 6 pm which leaves me one hour for dinner.

I decide for a walk to the nearby garden to kill time but then the lazy hormones shout inside me in protest which makes my decision questionable. Once firm about walking, I am now considering about the various stuffs I can do.

After just sitting idle for awhile, I decide to change into something more comfortable since now I ain't going outside.

Just as I ascend the stairs to my room, my thoughts run over whatever that happened in school today.
I always knew that the father up above had different plans for me. Some good and some bad.
But I did not expect such a turn in events. There were still many unanswered questions most of them yearning to find the reason behind what ever that unfolded.

But then again, these questions are unasked. Unasked seldom are answered.
Jasmine is probably right. Over thinking ruins the very essence of everything. Sometimes, you can only just do nothing about anything.
Life is expected to be unexpected, isn't it?

_______________

"Why are you still awake? It's almost midnight, dear." My mom's voice startles me.

"Maa, you scared me. When did you come?" I ask her, rubbing my eyes for the thousandth time and struggling to not doze off.

"Just now. I had the keys if you are wondering how did I enter. But answer my question." She says.

"I was waiting for you. Duh." I grumble.

"You didn't have to. You know I'd be alright!" She says while kissing my forehead.

"But I wanted to. Now since you are back in one piece, there's nothing I'd rather do than jump on my bed. Goodnight!" I give her a flying kiss and rush upstairs.

Setting the alarm and leaving my hair down, I close my eyes and welcome sleep.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A/ N -

Hope you like it .

Vote , comment and spread the word :)

Love always ,

KHUSHALI ~