chapter - 31

Violet's POV -

" Why would you say it to him ? " I ask Rochelle , rather angrily.

Gods only know how much she wanted to be left alone after seeing them together. I hate to see her hurt.

" This was needed. I can't afford to lose her for him and likewise. So if you still think I did something outrageous , tell me whom to choose - my boyfriend or her ?" She raised her eyebrow , knowing she made a strong point.

" I just want her to be okay." I sigh.

" She will be. Trust me , they need this closure." She assures me.

I smile meekly at her. All at once , mom comes rushing over to me from nowhere.

" Where have you been ?" She narrows her eyes.

Before I say something , Rochelle speaks up.

" I ll see you later , Vi." She says .

I mouth 'Jasmine' to her and she walks off in the direction Shane went after nodding.

" Ahem." Mom clears her throat.

" I was with Gabrielle." I say , lying effortlessly.

" Oh ! I didnt see her this whole evening." Mom says.

" Well , leave her for now. Where's dad ?" I ask her.

" Oh right there !" She says , pointing towards a table.

" He's already got people around him !" I exclaim , amused at the bunch of four-five people gathered around him.

" You know how friendly he can get." Mom waves it off with a giggle.

I nod at her in agreement as we make way towards him.

_____________

Jasmine's POV -

I just cannot take any more of this.

Its been too much for me to bear. I know I convinced Rochelle but somewhere I wished she would back out. Not that it would give me chance with him but oh well. Knowing he likes someone else is comparatively better than he not being single.

" Jasmine..." Someone calls me.

I dont need to look around to see the source of the voice . My ears are used to his melodious tone but my heart isnt. It starts thumping so loudly that I fear he may hear my beats. I reluctantly turn around.

" Yes Shane ?" I ask him , pretending to be normal.

" I am sorry." He sighed running his fingers through his hair . His voice sounds tainted with guilt.

" For what ?" I ask him , perplexed.

" For everything that has happened. I know about your feelings." He whispers the last part.

I am sure I am looking like I saw a ghost but can I help it ? I try to brush it off but no words come out of my damn mouth.

" Fe..feel..feelings ?" I stutter.

" Dont even try to deny. Rochelle told me. I hurt you so much unknowingly and yet you convinced Rochelle . I am thankful as well as sorry." He says , earnestly.

" You're happy how the things worked out , arent ya ?" I ask him , ignoring his apology.

He gives me a very confused look and then finally says.

" Yes."

" Well , then its worth it ." I whisper .

For a moment , he looks at me with awe.