CHAPTER 28

|••• Violet's POV •••|

With all the confidence that I could muster from the level of stress my body is going through, I step out while placing my hands on my hips. I think of all the things my parents and my friends have been going through to make me confident and face this challenge . I gotta do it for them rather than myself. I walk confidently with the new found determination . As the lights shine up on my face , I hear the most loudest screams from the right corner . I glance for a second to see my mom and dad waving at me like crazy and my friends cheering me at the top of their voices. I blow them a quick kiss and look at the judges table where two women and a man are contemplating my every move. I complete the walk and face them .

Fire the questions , people !

" What is your biggest fear ?" Asks the dapper looking man.

This competition , I wanted to say .

" Stepping out of my comfort zone ! That thing drives me crazy and not in good way ." I shrug.

Okay - one down , two to go !

Their faces breaks out into meek smiles . Thats a positive response , isnt it ?

" If given a chance , what is that one thing you would want to change about yourself ?" One of the lady asks.

" Nothing ! I simply like what I have . " I say with absolute honesty.

They nod their heads in response.

" What according to you is beauty all about ? Elaborate your views on it." The third judge says while adjusting her mike.

This is a subjective question. I ponder over it before answering.

" According to me , beauty is not having long hair , skinny legs , tanned skin or perfect smile. It is something beyond that. Beauty is the face of once who cried and now is smiling . It is that scar on your knee since you fell as a kid. It is the expression you make when your alarm rings early in the morning. It is the laughter you have with your friends . It is what shines inside and that glow spreads outside. It consists of all the kicks and all the memories caressing our minds . Beauty is un-faking yourself and living life as if today is the last day." I say and the minute I finish it , the whole crowd indulges in a huge round of applause including the judges !

I bow saying a big thankyou and descend the stairs at the left side of the stage. Ashley is giving me envious looks but I wave if off . One by one , the contestants walk and answer the questions. Some of them were pretty good. We were made to sit down on the huge sofas by the corner where we patiently waited for the round to be over. Some of the girls went in for touch up . The contestants werent allowed to meet anybody . I was engrossed in the interrogation when my eyes flickered and saw the one person I never expected to see. He was staring right back at me while a little smirk was playing at the corner of his lips. He raised his brows in an appreciative way after looking at my dress.

' Hello ' He mouthed while winking .

I roll my eyes while controlling the smile . Suddenly the host comes up on stage and I divert my eyes. He announces the end of second round and asks the judges about the results. The trio walk up to the stage.

" Good evening lovely ladies and gentlemen ! We would like to declare a break for we need to decide the results. It is gonna be tough since you girls were awesome and the break will be long . Perhaps an hour. We appreciate your support." The man says .

Soon enough , the committee members guide us inside to take away our belongings . Since it was a break , they allowed us to meet our family and friends. I enter my dressing room , collect my bag and walk outside hastily at the same time minding my dress. As soon as I come out , Jasmine runs towards me and engulfs me in a hug.

" You nailedddddddddddd it ! " She exclaims while grinning.

" Thank you so much !" I say while pulling out.

I hug my parents and thank my mom for the amazing gesture. Emily and Tessa are next to attack me. I thank them for their support. We settle down on the seats while my thoughts are running about the results .

" Vi ?" Jazz calls me.

" Hmm ?" I turn towards her.

" You are so going to win. I totally believe in you and your answers were amazing ! " She says .

Maybe , now you guys know why she is my best friend . She very well knew what was I thinking .

" Thanks girl ! I am glad you think that !" I say .

" Oh come on ! Shut up with the formality !" She waves her hand showing its no big deal .

I smile at her while still thinking about the judgement.

Cant stop myself from that , can I ?

----------------

A/N -

Hello people ! I am back with yet another chapter !

I hope you like it. The next is the competition part two .

Vote , comment and spread the word :)

Love always ,

KHUSHALI ~