CHAPTER 8

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"Where in the hell did you disappear?" Jasmine asked me the minute she saw me entering the locker rooms.

I don't answer her and approach my locker to keep my book.

"I can't believe that you bunked a lecture. Not that you're a nerd but still whatever happened to no-bunking record of yours?" She kept on with her pestering.

I turn towards her and sighed heavily. She was giving me her tell-me-the-truth look.

"I was dragged in an empty classroom when I was running to reach the bio-class." I say, remembering the scene which scared me to pieces but turned out to be that asshole.

"By whom?" Jasmine asked me, her eyes widening in shock.

"Sam Ryder, who else do you think would be insane enough to do that?" I raise my voice.

"What?" She gives me are-you-shitting-me look.

"Trust me, I am not kidding." I say venomously.

"But why would he do that?" she asked me curiously.

"Don't know. I never allowed him to explain himself." I say.

"Why would you do that now?" she asks me again.

"I just don't know, okay? I was super scared and then when I found that it is him, I was super angry. There was this whole weird mix of emotions and I just couldn't think straight." I said waving my hands in exasperation.

"I guess I understand." She puts her hand on my shoulder.

I nod gratefully and walk out to may way towards the next class which happens to mathematics.

Today is so not my day.

_____________

As soon as I reach the cafeteria, I spot my friends sitting at our usual table, chattering away as if there is no tomorrow.

I make my way over to them through the hustle and bustle, muttering a string of 'excuse me's.

Suddenly, I felt a forward jerk and thank the stars that there were students ahead who balanced me. I turned around only to regret why I did.

Ash-freaking-ley.

Just when I thought this couldn't be any worse, life made me a jest and shoved another problem my way.

"I am not even going to dignify losers like you with my apologies." She sneers.

"What do you want?" I asked her, straight to the point while ignoring her snide comment.

"Upfront and blunt? Cool. Here's a simple thing you got to do- Stay.away.from.Sam." She says, emphasizing each word.

"Oh trust me to not spread my legs for any guy I meet, unlike you." I sneer.

I was already sulking with how the day had been progressing and her being in my way made me fume.

"What did you just say?" She asks, taken aback at my response.

"Can't your stupid brain process a simple fact that just because I had been quiet, I can't come back at people and stand up for myself?" I puff in annoyance.

"If I were you, I wouldn't use such rough tongue." She glares at me.

"You are not even worth my millisecond." I say and walk away without sparing a backward glance.

________________

"So after school at the parking lot, yeah?" I call out while pushing myself up from the seat.

" Yeah as always." Matthew calls out and gets up along with me.

I turn around and walk out of the cafeteria. My next class was French with Smith but he seemed busy in a conversation with Tessa so I let them be.

I was walking through the hallway when some familiar voice calls me from behind.

The voice of the person I wouldn't mind avoiding even if he is the last freaking person on this planet.

"Now what?" I turn around and face him.

"Look, I shouldn't have done what I did so y'know......Just let it go, alright?" He scratches the back of his neck.

"Your ego doesn't permit you to be sorry, I see." I say while my lips form a thin line.

He just stares at me intensely with so much fiery that it can captures me in hypnotism. I cannot help but admire his blue orbs, shining like sapphires.

"Why would you do that?" I ask him , breaking the eye-contact.

"I just wanted to honour you by my company." He shows off his boyish smiles.

I have heard about smiles turning your knees weak but never really experienced it. When his lips twitched upwards, all I could think about was how unfair God has been to people like us, specifically me.

"The honour wasn't required." I say trying to be stern while a smile was threatening to break out.

His smile grew even wider as he must've realized the effect of his actions. His smile being so contagious worsened the case.

"It won't happen again." He says with all seriousness.

"It shouldn't." I shrug and turn away to walk towards my class.

As I settle myself down on the backward benches, Smith enters the classroom and scans through the faces to locate me.I wave at him which he notices and walks up to my bench.

"Why didn't you wait?" He asks while sitting besides me.

"I saw you talking with Tessa so y'know......" I wriggle my brows.

"Shut up and open the damn notes." He says while his cheeks go all red.

I laugh at his flustered look while opening my French notes and wait for the teacher to show up.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A/N -

Hellooo readers !

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote , comment and spread the word :)

Love always ,

KHUSHALI ~