chapter - 36

Sam's POV -
( A/N - The most wanted POV )

Empty. Completely void.

That's what I felt when I had woken up. I couldn't really place a finger on that particular emotion and describe it. All I can say is I felt and I still feel void. Its been two days since I have been discharged. Mom and my friends are there but there is always this heavy feeling in my heart. I feel sick emotionally , disgusted even when I think of my state. There are so many unanswered questions. I dont even know how did I land up in this condition. I dont remember anything. I tried to distract myself when Michael and my friends came over but still there is this hollow in my chest , refusing to be filled. I sigh when my brain runs over these kind of thoughts.

" Sam." I hear a call.

I blink a few times to break my reverie and twirl my head towards the source of the voice to see the mystery girl from before whose name as I recollect is Violet when I asked my mom.
I dont take the trouble to ask why is she here for. I just give her my questioning look.

" My mom made some pancakes. Thought I'd bring it for you and Amy." She says.

I take the plate of those delicious pancakes from her and keep them on the bedside table. I turn towards her and smile at her thoughtfulness.

" Thanks." I say.

" You're welcome. How are you ?" She asks .

" Fine , I guess." I shrug.

" How are those physiotherapy sessions ?" She again questions.

" My legs wobble a bit but rest everything okay." I say.

" Alright , I guess I ll see you later. Amy needs a hand in the kitchen." She says , pushing her hair strands behind her ears.
A smile forms on my face at how fussy her hair always are. I've met her only thrice but I always see her straightening her hair or tying a bun frustratingly.

" Dying to get rid of me ?" I pout playfully .

" Of course. Your company is boring." She makes a bored yet somehow funny expression.

" Except my legs , everything else is mind blowing-ly entertaining." I wink.

She frowns at my innuendo causing me to chuckle at her expression.

" God ! Why did I ever come here to see you ?!" She stomps her foot , clearly annoyed.

" Why do you hate me so much Violet ?" I whispered, audible enough to be heard.

Her face changes into one of those shocked expressions.

" Mom told me your name." I roll my eyes.
She nods before scowling at me.

" I dont hate you. I just don't appreciate your presence." She says and walks away without turning back and leaving me wondering whether this is really the first time I am hearing it or....

________________________________________

Violet 's POV -

" When is Calvin returning ?" I ask Amy who is cooking yummy lasagna for dinner.

" Tomorrow . I called Maria today morning . By the way , I have something to tell you." She says her face turning into a very solemn expression.

" What is it ?" I ask her.

" The Woods family have invited us for the funeral." She says.

" But we barely know them...." I trail off.

" I know. I reasoned out but her husband insisted. Her family has suffered a big loss. Dont you think we should accept their proposal and go ?Its because of her kindness that my son saw another day . I owe this to her." Amy says.