CHAPTER 26

|••• Violet's POV •••|

A phone ring interrupted my precious sleep which caused me to groan and mutter profanities in response.
A look at my phone wasn't even necessary to guess that it is Sam who had come up with yet another idea to irritate me.
But then, my eyes locate the date and my heart leaps in joy.

The week is over. I am finally free!

With that thought in mind, I answer his call despite him being the last person on the planet I ever want to talk to.

"Morning!" He says.

"Yeah okay. What is it?" I ask.

"Your last task of the week." He says.

"I thought were we done here." I argue.

"Too bad, that's not what I thought." He retorts back.

"What is it?" I ask, convincing myself to drag through this one last task.

"Be my slave for the next week." He says and I don't have to be near him to know that he is smirking.

Slave for another week?
Oh the audacity!

"You think you can take advantage of my situation? I let that happen once but now it's just way too much. You will post that picture? Yeah well, go ahead and let's see how much popularity it earns me. Screw you, Ryder. I declare us done here." I say before hanging up.

Can I just please kill him?

_______________________________

"Oh my God!" I exclaims for the thousandth time.

"I knew you could do it. I am so proud of you, V. Go call Jasmine." She says and rushes to tell Dad.

After calming myself down, I called her up and she was quick enough to attend.

"Hey!" She cheerfully greets.

"Hi, the results came out and I cleared round one." I said all in one breath.

"You cleared it?" She asks.

"That's what I said, dumb." I mumble.

"I am coming over to yours right now!" She exclaims before hanging up.

I shake my head at her and descend the stairs to find my parents busy hugging. Deciding not to ruin their moment, I grab hold of the remote on the couch. Flipping through channels, my mind on it's own accord shifts to Sam.

The sudden idea of not being around him is somehow disturbing me since that phone call.
I just lost a potential good friend because of my anger. But I can't be blamed, can I?
If only he'd stop coming up with ideas to jeopardize my peace then I wouldn't be so much infuriated.

My thoughts are interrupted when my parents settle down on either side of me.

"Congratulations sweetheart!" My dad kisses my forehead.

"Thanks Dad!" I give him a side hug in response.

"Oh, nothing for Mommy?" Mom pouts but a small smile develops at the corner of her lips at us.

"Oh mom, we have hugged enough for an entire week." I mumble causing both of them to laugh.

Suddenly the doorbell catches our attention.

"I will go get it." I say, making my way towards the door.

As soon as I open it to find Jasmine, she attacks me with her bone-crushing hug without any preamble.