Imagine for The_Nerd_Extremist

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat's P.O.V

"KAT CAN YOU GET THE DOOR!" I sighed as my adoptive brother yelled to me. I growled and sat up on the couch. I was lying next to Mum, trying not to disturb her. She did another long shift at work and since Jake just got home from where ever the hell he was, he didn't know about Mum. I didn't reply to Jake as I got off the couch and walked to the room Jake and I shared,

"Can you shut the hell up and use some manners?!" I growled at him, holding myself from smashing my fist into his face. Jake looked at me taken aback. I'm not one to growl at people, so this had to of weirded him out. A frown crossed Jake's face and I followed,

"Sorry— Mum took another shift and is sleeping. I'll— I'll go get the door." I quickly flew out of the room and to the front door pulling it open to see Felix standing there. I smiled at him and looked down, hiding behind my white fringe. My eyes changed the second I glanced at Felix; they changed pale pink, different from the navy blue.

People thought I was a freak. Having colour changing eyes can do that, but Sarah and Jake were nice enough to take me in, even though they could barely support themselves. Thanks to them, my eyes don't normally change colour, but if they do, it's just between two or three colours, such as navy blue, which means I'm bored, red when I'm mad, duh, and bright yellow, when I'm happy or excited. Then I see Felix— and all that goes out the window. My eyes turn a pale pink, like flowers— and it only happens when I see Felix.

He was one of the first friends I made when I was adopted by Sarah. It was nice, and I managed to keep my eyes only one colour when I was around him. He asked me why my eyes were pink around him, and I told him I wear contacts and the pink ones were my favourite. Thankfully I think he believed this, and I wasn't treated like a freak around him. It was nice, but still made me wonder why my eyes turned pink around him.

"Hey Felix— what are you doing here? If Jake sees you he won't hesitate to hit you." Jake doesn't like Felix, and it confuses me. For as long as I can remember, Jake has beaten Felix up at school. It annoys me so much, but I can't do anything about it.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and Ellen today?" I smiled at him— but most of it was forced.

"Of course, I'd love to hang out with you and Ellen," no— just you, Ellen doesn't like me very much. "I'll just go tell Jake I'm heading out." With that I turned around and walked back to my room where Jake was sitting on his bed.

"I'm heading out for a bit, will you be okay by yourself?" I asked and he nodded sadly. I whimpered and ran over to him pulling him into a hug. Jake froze but relaxed and hugged me back.

"I'm sorry for yelling earlier Kat. It was just— I had a bad day at footy training. The boys were talking about you. They thought I was gone already, and I was, but I forgot my bag and had to go back in and get it." I frowned and pulled away from Jake,

"What were they saying?" Jake sighed and growled,

"Not right now Kat. Go hang out with your friends." I smiled weakly at him, a tear falling from my eyes. I wiped it away being careful of my make-up and to not smudge it. I walked to my bed grabbing my phone and shoving it in the back pocket of my black jeans. I walked out of the room and to the front door where Felix was standing, his face was flushed red. I smiled at him as I grabbed my keys and shoved them in my front pocket, pulling the door shut quietly.

"Sorry, I had to talk to Jake." Felix tensed then relaxed again and I frowned, "I'm really sorry about him. I don't understand why he does what he does." Felix shrugged, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"That's fine, I'm used to it—" I growled at him and stopped him,

"But you shouldn't be used to it! Why should someone have to be used to something like that?!" to say I was mad was an understatement. To say what was making act like this— was something I had no clue as to what it was.

"Kat calm down! Your eyes are red; I thought you were wearing contacts." I froze and I felt my eyes changing to bright blue— fear.

"Felix, get away from me. I'm a freak." Tears were now falling from my face as I am now losing the only friend I had ever truly had. I wiped at my nose twice, trying to stop my sniffling and then wiped at my tears.

I began walking away from Felix down to the end of the street. Why did I have to screw up? I need to control my emotions, than people will like me right? They don't normally see my eyes change since in school my eyes are navy blue. That's a pretty normal colour— right? A hand suddenly grabbed my arm and I was turned around to face Felix, who was crying. What the—?

"Don't ever run away from me like that again." I nodded and Felix let go of me. "Look Kat— the reason Jake hates me— is because— well I know about your eyes— I always have. And I think they're really cool. And Jake thinks hitting me will get me to not tell anyone, but I wouldn't do that. I like you too much." Felix's eyes widened and he smashed a hand over his mouth in shock— "I cannot believe I just told you that." I gaped at him as he words came out muffled,

"You— like me?" Felix nodded slowly, removing his hand from his mouth. I beamed at him, stepping closer to him. "I think I like you too." I muttered and it was Felix's turn to gape at me,

"Really?" I nodded confused,

"I think so. It would explain my eyes turning pink around you." Felix smiled and pulled me into tight hug, holding me tightly and kissing me lightly on the cheek.

"Felix! Kat! Where are you?" the sound of Ellen's voice penetrated Felix and I's bubble. We turned around and Felix grabbed my hand as we walked towards where Ellen was. Ellen was a few houses away from my house, standing there with a scowl on her face.

"Where the hell were you guys?!" she actually seemed madder than she normally does, which confused me. I then caught her staring at Felix and mine's intertwined hands. Oh— does she like Felix? I frowned and looked away.

"Hey Ellen, are you okay?" Felix asked Ellen and her attitude changed, her grouchy voice was gone and replaced with her nicer one.

"Yeah— everything's great. I was just coming to tell you I was needed at home, so I can't hang out today— so bye," liar. She was lying to get away from me and Felix being together isn't she? She was gone in an instant,

"What was that about?" asked Felix and I shrugged, not really wanting to tell him right now,

"I don't know." I was so happy. I had Felix— and he had me.