1. Gangs

I walked along the rooftops of New York City, quiet, so quiet and peaceful.

I came to the edge of the building. I felt the soft cool breeze hit my face and brush through my hair.

I took a step back and then front flipped into the air. I free fell for a while, until being centimetres from hitting the floor. I then used my powers and propelled myself into the air.

I spun, I flipped, I swerved, I sped up, I slowed down. Ah, the joy and pleasure of flying through the the cold night air. This was my most favourite thing to do. Really, the only upside to my life at the moment.

I can't even remember how long I've been on these cold streets of New York. My parents died in a car crash when I was five, and I've been living on the streets without a family ever since.

I know right, 'how can a five-year-old survive on her own?!'. Well maybe I wasn't telling the entire truth. There's this chef who owns this restaurant, Murikami. He's a blind chef and he looked after me until I was able to do so for myself. I started living on my own when I was about eight, I matured very early in my life and decided I couldn't live under the same roof as Murikami, who isn't even my family, for free.

So I left, though I did visit him every now and then, he's the only 'family' I have. I'm 15 now. And a few life changing events have happened in my past, like the time when I was 11. I will never forget that day.

I was kidnapped by these freaky dudes who all looked the same. Later revealed to be alien-robots! They experimented on me with this stuff that I now know to be, mutagen. Though it was a different type of mutagen to the one that turns innocent humans into odd looking creatures. That's why those alien-robots were testing it on me. They wanted to see what it would do.

After it got poured on me, nothing happened. No transformation, nothing. But they were still going to keep me for research. So one of the robots was ordered to take me to my new cell. I managed to break free of the robots grip and somehow propel myself out of one the windows. That mutagen may not have turned me into a mutant creature, but what it did do, was bestow wind attributed powers to me.

From that day on I've had my powers, I can fly, create strong winds with movements of my hands, levitate items, and probably heaps of other things that I haven't discovered yet.

I walked along the roof tops praying for some action, I was so bored.

Luckily, some guys with purple tattoos were walking into this abandoned building. Being the curious little girl I am I decided to follow. I entered and I didn't get the nicest welcome I could've hoped for.

"Woah who are you? What're you doing here?!" This skinny guy asked while holding a pocket knife up. "Uh Who're you?" I retorted back. A bigger guy walked up to me. "You don't question us girly." He said slyly.

He was too close for my liking, I motioned my hand, making him fly into the wall. The other two stared in awe, looking from their wounded friend and back to me.

The skinny one whispered into the other guys ear, then smirked at him. "Hey, girly, wanna be apart of the purple dragons?" He asked me. "What do I get out of it?" I asked back. "Hmm a shelter, food, a bed." He replied back. 'Woah that was like a whole deal!' I thought to myself.

I contemplated it for a bit, "Deal." I said. He stuck out his hand, "Welcome to the Purple Dragons." He welcomed. I shook his hand and nodded.

"What's ya name?" he asked. I didn't know if I really wanted to trust these new guys with
my full name, I quickly came up with an alias. "Breeze." I said, simply. "Fong." He replied.

I was shown to my room. Considering what I've slept on in my life this was amazing! "Well here it is! There's food downstairs. Goodnight!" And with that he left.

I wandered around in my room admiring the luxury I had. An actual bed, desk and chair and a window. With a view over the streets and rooftops of New York City, and of course the beautiful starry night sky.

When the others went out do 'things' I wasn't always allowed to come. I was a 'newbie' therefore I didn't know how to fight or defend myself. Uhhh hello?! I survived on the streets alone for how long? And I have freaking wind powers!

After I proved that point to Fong I started going out on more and more outings. Eventually it became a regular thing.

The things we did were not exactly what I'd hoped.

We stole.

We hurt.

We threatened.

I didn't enjoy doing it. But the spoils were most pleasant; food, money, technology. Power. Everything.

I stared becoming more and more ruthless, visits to Murikami decreased. The sweet little girl I once was was starting to slowly disappear.

My heart turned cold and icy. I didn't care for anything really. Or anyone. Just myself.

Throughout the years of being with the purple dragons and fighting other gangs I became better and better at ninjutsu. Though I was really nothing compared to someone who was officially trained in the art of ninjutsu, I was pretty damn good considering I taught myself.

I knew how to fight and protect myself, though it may not be anything fancy, that was the main point.

Fong and the others relied too heavily on their precious weaponry. . . Being a pocket knife. Though I will admit my kunai was basically my best friend, right next to my powers, but if I wasn't able to use my kunai I knew I could rely on my hand to hand combat.

I was given the choice of a weapon when I joined the purple dragons and I settled on the kunai. It resides on my right hip rolled up like a lasso.

I tried to restrain from using my wind powers, unless completely necessary. Honestly. . . I was scared of them. I didn't fully understand them, and I didn't know if I would ever. What if I lost it? Destroyed half the city? What then?

Still, if the time ever arose I would use my powers. They were strong, powerful, frightening, for both myself and whoever unfortunatley becomes the victim of my abilities.

I was starting to get hungry, I traveled for downstairs to grab whatever food I could get my hands on.

"Yo! Breeze!" Fong yelled out. "What?" I asked, coldly. I grabbed half a bread roll from the table. "We're goin' out tomorrow ok?" he explained. "Where to?" I asked, while ripping pieces of the bread of into smaller pieces.

"Nope! Not tellin' that's a surprise." He replied back. "Let's just say you won't have to be eatin' half a bread roll every two days." He finished. "So, some restaurant." I guessed. "Indeed." I started for the stairs. "Ok, cool, well then I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I headed for my room.

I entered and dropped onto my bed. Better get some rest for tomorrow. At least we'll be gettin' some decent food after tomorrow.

A/N
If u don't know what a kunai is
A) search it up
Or
B) imagine Scorpions kunai from mortal kombat, his signature weapon.

And you know how Wonder Woman keeps her lasso on her hip, rolled up? That's how Breeze wears her kunai.

Just to give u a rough idea.