24. Gone

Her eyes slowly started fluttering open, everything was blurry at first but blurred colours eventually made their way to solid images.

Once her vision was back to normal she realised she was in Raphs room, in his bed. She sat up, suddenly remembering everything that happened yesterday as a spiderweb of pain crawled up and down her arm.

She winced and held her arm in pain, nothing she couldn't deal with though. There was a small, white bandage wrapped around where the dart had hit her.

She got up off the bed and made her way out of the room. When she exited Raphs room, it was pitch black. No one was out there.

She walked around the lair, checking the kitchen first, no one. Then the dojo, again, nothing. She then walked into the living area with the tv and saw a clock leaning on the side of the tv. 

1:04am.

"Oh. . . "

Suddenly she heard soft footsteps come from the bedrooms. She spun around only to be greeted by Leonardo. She relaxed immediately.

"Cassandra? What're you doin up?" He asked.

She laughed lightly and turned around completely to face him, "I could ask you the same thing."

"I was training all day today so I was gonna watch some Space Heroes now." He explained whilst sitting down and turning the tv on.

She smiled and then realised what he said, her eyes widening instantly.

"All day?. . . How long was I out?!" She asked frantically. Leo turned back to face her, "Almost two days." Then turned back to the tv and started watching his favourite show.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, trying to work out what exactly happened to make her unconscious for almost 48 hours. She looked at her arm where the bandage was. 'What did she do to me?. . .'

"Where's Raph?"

"Should be in his room." He replied, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"But. . . He wasn't in there when I woke up. . . ?"

Leo just shrugged, too engrossed in his cartoon. Cassandra smiled and shook her head, walking back to Raphs room.

She entered the room and looked around in the dimly lit area. Finally, her eyes landing on an asleep Raphael, at the end of his bed on the floor. No wonder she didn't see him on her way out.

She knelt down beside him and gently cupped his cheek, slowly rubbing her thumb back and forth.

"Raph?. . . Hey, Raphie." She whispered. He mumbled something and slowly opened his eyes. When his vision focused he sat up.

"Cassie! You're awake!" He said. "Yeh, I am." She replied smiling. "What're you doin on the floor?" She asked. "Oh, I wanted to give you the whole bed to heal on, so you weren't squashed in the corner or anything like that." He explained. Cassandra smiled at his generosity and then stood up, holding her hand out to help Raph up.

He took her hand and she helped him up, instantly regretting her decision. She clutched her arm in pain as she strained it too much.

"Cas, you right?" He asked holding her arm gently. "Yeh, fine, nothing I can't handle."

He then led her to the bed and laid down, Cassandra placing herself in the little space between his torso and arm and nuzzling her head into him.

---

The next morning the two of them woke up in the same position they'd fallen asleep in.

They walked out of the room and went to the kitchen where the other three brothers were already having breakfast.