20. Return

Time Jump: 1 Week

Leonardo's POV

It's been about a week since I spoke to Cassandra. I didn't tell Raph, it'd just tear him up more.

Man how I wanted her back, just for Raph's sake. I've never seen him this bad. Never.

Cassandra's POV

After a week of yes and no I finally decided. I flew down to the closet sewer cap I could find and opened it up. I hopped in and closed the lid behind me and started my flight towards the lair.

I approached the turnstiles and heard Mikey and Leo and Donnie in the siting area playing video games. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I was so nervous.

Were they gonna let me back after everything I'd done? Was Leo's offer one with a time limit? Would they kick me out? All these questions ran through my mind all at once.

I then bit my lip and walked past the turnstiles, the machine making its creaking noise as it turns. All three boys looked at me and all their jaws dropped.

". . . CASSANDRA!!" Mikey cheered and ran up me, hugging me to death. "Hey Mikey." I greeted, my voice barley audible. He put me down and I waved to Donnie. I looked at Leo and smiled in thanks. I truly needed that talk. I was too wrapped up in my own problems I didn't realise the pain I'd been causing everywhere else.

"It's good to have you back." Donnie said while patting my back once. "Good to be back." I replied. "I'm glad you changed your mind." Leo spoke up. "I'm glad too." I smiled.

". . . Where's Raph?" I asked quietly. "In his room. . . he barley ever comes out. He doesn't even come out to eat with us." Mikey explained. Tears stung at the rim of my eyes. I put him here, I put him in state, I'm the reason he's like this. It killed me.

"Ok." I replied. I hesitated to check on Raph. Did he even want to see me? After all, he's like this because of me. Leo then placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and smiled. He stepped to the side, making way for Raph's room.

I took a deep breath and made my way towards his room. I stopped at the front of his door and raised my hand, quietly knocking twice. There was no reply.

I pushed the door open slowly and peeked my head in, the room was pitch black if not for the dim lava lamp on his bedside table. I waked in  and looked around, there were tissues piled up in the bin at the end of his bed, blankets thrown across the floor. But no Raph.

I sat on his bed and looked at the picture frame sitting on his bedside table. I picked it up and saw that it was the picture Mikey had taken a few days after I'd started staying with the turtles. We were all in the dojo bunched up together; Raph, me, Leo, Donnie and Mikey jumping up on Leo's shoulders behind us all. I smiled at the fond memory. After placing the frame back in its position I stood up and looked around once again.

Suddenly, I heard the door shut. I spun around and saw none other than Raphael, he shut his door and turned around. That was when he saw me.

His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped, he took one step forward, hesitating at first. I smiled at him, he then ran up to me and engulfed me in a big warm hug. His strong arms wrapping all the way around me and holding me tightly. I wrapped my arms around him as best I could.

Then, his soft cries were heard. My eyebrows arched and I looked at him sadly. I pulled back and cupped his cheek with my hand, wiping away his tears with my thumb.

"Raph?"

". . . I missed you." He choked out.

"I am, so, sorry. For everything." I apologised sincerely, on the verge of tears myself.

"It doesn't matter. . . you're here now. . . just. . . don't ever leave me again. . . ok?" He choked between sobs.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat, "Promise." I replied.

By now we both ended up on the floor, leaning against his bed. His head lying on my chest as I ran my hand down his neck in a comforting manner. His arms still wrapped around my waist.

We stayed like that for the rest of the night, both of us equally as tired.

Man, it felt good to be back.