4. Home

I'd been flying along these cold streets and rooftops for a while now. Five days I've been alone and in the cold. Hungry, sleepy.

It wasn't until I came across Fong and the others I realised I was missing something.

"Hey Breeze! Xever is real mad at you. It's time to take your punishment." He said with a smirk. "Leave me!" I yelled motioning my hand, pushing them all backwards.

They slowly got up and charged towards me. I held one hand up creating a wind shield as Fong tried to cut me with his knife I then pushed him back with my other hand.

While he was down I grabbed the other two in separate mini tornadoes. They spun for a while till I slammed them against the cold concrete rooftops.

They were down and out. While I could, I walked my weak self away.

I was missing. . . My kunai.

I need to get it back. Now. But, it was at the turtles lair! That's the only place it could be.

I jumped into the sewers and walked through, trying to find a source of light, anything that would indicate a living space.

I walked for hours! Or at least it felt like it. I was so weak and tired. I felt like I was gonna faint and waste away any second now.

I kept walking until a bright light came up behind me. Without enough energy to jump out of the way, I just put my hands infront of me in defence.

The truck came to a halt right infront of my face. I saw Raph jump out. "What're you doing here?. . . Are you ok?" He asked. I couldn't answer, too weak. I fell and fainted. I felt strong arms grab me instead of hitting the wet and cold floor though.

I awoke in the same lair before. I slowly got up and looked around. No one. I started standing and started walking. I was still extremely weak, I tripped but was caught by. . . Raph.

"You needa rest." Raph said as he lead me to the couch. I sat down. "Donnie!" He yelled. Donnie came in.

"Breeze. Are you feeling ok?" The purple ninja asked. "Tired, hungry, weak." I mumbled. "Get her some food, something small and easy to eat." Donnie ordered. Raph ran into the kitchen and came back with some bread. I ate it, not too fast but definitely not slowly.

"Thank you. . ." I mumbled before falling asleep. I fell onto Raphs shoulder. "She needs rest." I heard Donnie say before I drifted off. I got carried to a bed.

(Time Jump)

I woke and sat up, yawning and stretching. The same room as before. I left and walked outside.

All four turtles were in the main room watching some cartoon.

Raph looked my way. "Hey sleeping beauty." He said jokingly. Donnie's attention was now directed to me. "Are you feeling better?" He asked sincerely. "Yes I-I am. . . Th-thank you." I said quietly. He heard and smiled at me.

"You never told us you could fly!" Mikey said excited. "I never really had the chance." I replied back. "Well cmon tell us the story!" He pleaded. I went and sat down with them and explained how I was experimented on and what my powers could do. I even made Mikey and the others fly for a little by levitating them. They were amazed, especially Donnie.

"So what happened to you?" Leo asked. "I-I left the purple dragons. And I've been homeless and starving for the past five days." I explained, a little ashamed at myself. "Five days! Homeless! Without food!" Donnie exclaimed. I nodded.

"So what made you come down here?" Leo asked again. "Well, I wasn't actually coming down for help, which I am very thankful for. I came for my kunai." I said.

"I don't think we have it." Leo said. I started worrying. I need that kunai. "Don't worry. I kept it for safe keeping." Raph said and got up to walk to his room. So that's where I've been sleeping.

He returned with the kunai and handed it to me. "Thank you." I said as I took the kunai into my own hands.

"Are you good with that thing?" Mikey asked. "I like to think I am." I said, slightly smirking. "Wanna spar?" Raph challenged. I looked up at him. Then smirked and nodded.

He lead me to their dojo. For a sewer this place was amazing! We took our stances with the three other turtles kneeling and watching from the side.

He took out his sais, I readied my kunai.

He first kicked at me but I dodged. I rolled and kicked him in the back lightly making him stumble forward a little.

He got up and close with his sais. I blocked many attacks with the chain in my kunai and managed to fling one sai to the side. He came at me with his other sai and I attacked it with the pointy part of my kunai.

We locked and didn't move for a while until he kneed me in my stomach. I wheezed and stumbled backwards and then fell to my knees.

While Raph was busy showing of his muscles I threw my kunai at him. I saw the other turtles get shocked thinking I would kill him. But no. I aimed to his left and used my powers to propel the chain around and around and around Raph until he was tied up.

He struggled in the chains but it was no good. I smirked and walked towards him. "I win!" I cheered. "Yeh, but only this time." Raph said, smirking afterwards.

A little while later I heard a door open behind me. I froze then turned when I heard the voice. "My sons who is this?" He said, he sounded a little enraged. "Sensei! This is Breeze it's ok, she's cool, I think." Leo explained to his. . . Sensei?

"Breeze this is master splinter." Leo introduced me to him. He was a giant rat! Wow! And I thought I'd seen everything in New York!

"Nice to meet you Master Splinter." I said as I bowed out of instinct. "Likewise Breeze." He said.

The turtles explained everything to Splinter and my situation, while I sat outside the dojo.

Eventually he came out. "Breeze I am aware of your past and your powers. As well as your current situation. I have contemplated everything. And I am offering you a place in our family. To stay." He said softly.

I was amazed! "Just like that?! No trust tests anything?" I asked dumbfounded. Splinter stifled a chuckle, "Yes." He said.

"Um can I think about it?" I asked hesitantly. "Of course Breeze." He said before leaving us.

Do I want tot stay with the turtles for the rest of my life? Food, shelter a. . . Family? Haven't had one of those is a long time.

"I'll be back." I said as I headed for the turnstiles. I walked to the surface and flew to a rooftop. I sat on the edge and contemplated everything.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped. Only to find Raph standing above me.

"Sorry I scared you." He apologised as he sat down next to me. "No that's ok." I said as I relaxed again.

"So are you, are you gonna stay?" He asked, sounding a little nervous. "I don't know." I replied. "Why not?" He asked. "I just- I worked with the purple dragons, I don't understand how you could just welcome me into your home." I said. "We're friendly like that." He joked. I laughed lightly.

"Ok. . . " I agreed. "You'll stay?!" He said excitedly. "Um yeh. . . .unless you don't want me to." I said nervously. "NO! I mean nah it's cool. Awesome! Cmon lets go tell Splinter." He said. I nodded and followed him.

We reached Splinter and told him I had decided to stay. He accepted my decision as did the other turtles.

We all sat in the main room and talked about many things, including my past, though I tried to avoid talking about my parents. Mikey told me some funny and embarrassing stories the turtles had had. We all laughed in a circle in the living room.

Home.