18. Don't Leave

"ATTACK!" Shredder called out. As his voice flew through everyone's ears his foot soldiers and mindless followers attacked the turtles.

Everyone but Breeze.

She was busy fighting a fight in her own mind. Apart of her wanted this all to end, run away, get away from it all, just forget about everything. Be with the ones she loves.

Another side of her, the one that was more dominant just a little while ago, wanted to tear everyone apart. Not just the turtles but everyone in this very room.

"Mikey! We needa contain Breeze while her guard is down." Leonardo yelled out to his younger brother. Michelangelo nodded and ran over to attack Breeze with Leonardo. Raphael heard everything his older brother had said. He kicked Fish Face to the side and turned his head in his brothers direction. "No! Leo wait! Let me talk to her!" Raphael yelled and ran towards Breeze and his two brothers. Before he could stop Leonardo Fish Face was back on his feet and charged towards Raphael, shoving him to the ground with his shoulder. Raphael hit the ground with a grunt, back flipped back onto his feet and readied himself for round 2.

Meanwhile, the blue and orange bandana turtles were about to strike Breeze down. Leonardo came on her left and Michelangelo on her right. Leonardo jumped and was about to slam his katanas down on Breeze when she snapped back into reality and held her hands in front of the katanas creating a wing shield. Shortly after, Michelangelo came up and was about to swing his nunchucks at her. She saw him get closer in the corner of her eye and before he could swing his weapon she kicked him in the stomach sending him backwards.

Leonardo gave hand signals to Michelangelo explaining that he'd take care of Breeze himself. Michelangelo nodded and resumed fighting Rahzar.

Leonardo stared at Breeze waiting for her to make the first move. Breeze unchained her kunai and swung it around in the air. She didn't want to hurt Leonardo, but it didn't look like she had any other choice.

She flung her kunai at Leonardo, who wasn't slow to react. He held his katana in front of himself and deflected the strike from the kunai. The weapon fell to the ground. Breeze scowled at Leonardo for temporarily putting her weapon out of play.

She ran towards him, picking up the rest of her kunai on the way. First, she attempted to kick him, spinning around once in the air afterwards creating a tornado kick like effect. Only missing by a centimetre. She then threw a few punches at Leonardo who flawlessly dodged them all.

She pulled back, breathing heavily, giving Leonardo his turn. He spun his katana around one in his hand and swung at her. Breeze dodged left, then right, she then held out her kunai chain and stopped Leonardo during his third strike. Leonardo kept pushing his katana down, trying to break the chain. Breezes foot slid back a little and her arms started to shake.

All too quickly, Leonardo lifted his katana off the chain spun and back kicked Breeze, all in one swift movement. He hit right square in the stomach and Breeze went flying to the right.

And with her luck she went flying across the room and crashed into none other than Raphael. When she made contact with him he grunted and they both rolled across the floor, Breeze on top of him in a daze when they came to a stop near the door. They both groaned and held their head, still in the same position.

Raphael's vision finally focused on Breeze and his eyes widened at the sight of her. He grabbed onto her shoulders. "Cassandra! Stop! Please! Come home with us!" He pleaded. "No! It's too late! I can't!" She replied back squirming, trying to get out of his strong hold. "Argh! Lemme go Raph!" She demanded. "No!" He yelled back, tightening his grip. He then stood up, still holding Breeze close and firmly to him. He looked behind him and saw the door.

"Leo! Let's go!!" Raphael yelled out tossing Breeze over his shoulder. Leonardo called out to his other two brothers and they all escaped, Breeze with them.

Shredder stood there, staring at the door. If looks could kill, everyone in the building would've been carried out in a body bag.

"ARGHH!!!" He yelled out into the building, his screams echoing down all the hallways and rooms.

The turtles kept jumping rooftop to rooftop getting as far away as possible from Shredder. Breeze kicked and squirmed. She didn't want to go back to Shredder but she didn't feel she could go back with the turtles. She couldn't use her powers at this stage, as they require a certain amount of concentration, her mind was too clouded with too many thoughts as well as the subconscious battle between, dark and light, as you might say.

Sane vs insane

Controlled vs uncontrolled

However you'd like to put it. Each side battling for dominance and control. Though her more insane side had died down and she herself was more in control. The insane side was still there and just needed a little push. The right push, to be unleashed.

The turtles finally came to a stop and Raphael placed Breeze on the ground gently. She stood up instantly and stumbled back, keeping space between the two of them.

"Cas, listen. A lot has happened, just. . . come home with us." Raphael spoke first. "No. I-I can't." She replied. "Why?" He questioned taking a step closer to her. "Don't. . . don't come any closer. Please." She choked out taking another step back. Raphael took one step back. "Why?" He asked again. "Well for starters I don't deserve to be with you guys, you've given me everything and I betrayed you! And, I have. . . things I need to take care of." She explained, trying her best to avoid eye contact. Afraid she'd break down if she saw the desperation and hurt on Raphael's face. "What things? I can help Cas. Please. . .let me help." He begged, willing to do anything just to keep her around. "No. I need to control myself, you can't help with that." She replied. "I can." He said. "No! . . Raph. . . I hurt you, a-and I never want to do that again." She choked out, finding it difficult to speak through the tears that slowly slid down her cheeks. "You weren't in control, and that was my fault to begin with." He replied back, desperation dripping off of his words. "Raph. I've made up my mind. I'm not coming back." She finished.

Before he could say another word Cassandra flew off into the night without another word or look. Before Raphael could chase after her Leonardo grabbed his shoulder. "Cmon. We gotta head home." He advised. "I'll, catch up later." Raphael replied. Leonardo nodded and him and his other brothers jumped into the nearest sewer.

Raphael looked up into the sky, praying he'd see her again even just for a moment.

He walked to the edge of the building, sat down.

And cried.