Chapter 2

The interview pt 2

Its been two hours since my first interview. Angela says I have ten minutes untill I have to be in the meeting room.  I sigh and reluctantly stand up and walk out to the meeting room.
I walk in and to my surprise there is a guy sitting on my couch looking out the window that is to the left.
I furrow my eye brows when I see him sniff the air and snap his head towards me. "Mate" he growls it was hardly audible.
I glance at him confused and the only words I say are " Excuse me."
He shakes his head and replies with a " Oh, um nothing." He stands up and extends his hand out for me to shake "Hi, I'm Mason Harris. I am supposed to be meeting with Katie Miller." Omg!! He's my interview? But he is like 19  and super cute with his blonde hair and deep brown eyes. I hadn't noticed I was starting until he says"Um, I'm supposed to be here for my interview,right?"
"Oh yes, please sit, make yourself comfortable,and hi, I'm Katie"
He just looks at me then speaks once more "Well, Katie, tell me about your self, please tell me you are not a vegetarian." I just start laughing, meanwhile he is looking at me like I'm crazy.
"I'm really sorry its just, my last interview didnt go so well because they were vegetarians and when I said my favorite food was steak. They got up and left."
"Oh ok. Well its nice to inform you that steak is also my favorite food too so, your in luck."
"Well what do you do, do you have any pets and do you have any siblings?"
He smiles at me "I own a business......you could say, no I dont have any pets, and yes I have a 14 year old sister." He seems like a nice guy plus he's really cute too.
The hour seems to go by with us asking questions about each others life and what not. Sooner than I expected Angela walks in and says Mason's time is up. He stands up and asks one more question and at this question my heart stops. "Katie would you like to get out of here and have a family again." I smile and nod then head back towards the orphanage.
When we get there Angela is sitting on the couch reading, when she hears the front door open she turns and looks at us."I would like to Adopt Katie if you dont mind." She looks at him and gestures for him to follow. I take this time and go pack. I'm done in about five minutes. It's not like I have much to pack anyway. I slowly walk back down stairs and sit on the couch and wait for them to finish with the paper work.

45 minutes later.......

I finally hear footsteps coming out of Angela's office. Mason walks into the room with his hands full of papers and then Angela walks up to me with a huge grin from ear to ear.
"You ready to go? I'm really gonna miss ya Katie"
"Yes, I'm ready and you too Angela, bye." I wave and walk out. Mason is sitting in a Toyota 4 door white truck.
I walk up to the back doors and start to open them. "What are you doing Katie?"
"Oh, um I was just getting in the back."
"No you're not, you're sitting up here." With that, I walk back up to the front seat and get in.
  *******************
Hiya so how do you like it.
Please comment and give me suggestions.
The picture up top is of Mason
Please think about every family member of  9/11  victims
Thanks.