Chapter 23

It's been several weeks since I was at the doctors that night. Nothing has changed, I still feel the pain of loosing them, I still get nightmares of that day, and I still haven't gotten my appite back. But I am talking to some people again, which is helping me get back to my old ways, slowly but surly. I haven't felt the pain in a few days because of me being distracted by cleaning, cooking, or running to I can't walk. But now it's pouring cats and dogs out there and thundering like crazy, I have cleared the house four times today and we have ran out of things to cook. Rocking back and forth in my corner I think and think and think, staring off into the oblivion and going over strategies of how I could have fixed this.
All of a sudden a clap of thunder sounds ringing through the the house, I squeeze my eyes tight as another one rings through my ears. Without warning everything silences and I peel my eyes open, what I see in front of me sends chills racking throughout my body.
"Katie, why", "why did you allow this to happen I thought we were friends" her shallow voice breaks the silence. Stunned still I look over Morgan, her once silky hair is now knotted, he dress is torn to shreds, her face is torn up, and worst of all the bite marks on her neck is seeping out blood. My breathing escalates as she continues to speak, "why didn't you save me, you were right there Katie and yet you did nothing but stand there and watch like the coward you are." Her voice flows out and stings with poison. "I'm... I'm ... I'm so sorry Morgan, I ... My body it wouldn't move"  I try reasoning.
Her laugh radiates around the room, "that's cute Katie, but not the case, you just didn't want you get hurt you rather stick back and be the worthless coward you are then be a true Luna you were meant to be and help you god dang pack."
She yells at me coming closer, standing up the tears have started again I peer into her cold dark eyes once more. "NO, I TRIED I REALLY DID, ... I'm just not strong enough to make a difference." I trail off at the end, while my tears fall harder. "Oh shut up, Katie and stop crying you did this no o-" her words were cut off by Cam's voice, "Katie who are you talking to, I heard you screaming."
I turn my head towards Cam the look back to the spot Morgan was at. "It was just, she was just" I mumble my words out pointing at the spot I previously saw my best friend for maybe the last time.  "Nothing" I squeak in a small voice feeling helpless and walking back up to my room.
Cam's p.o.v
Barging into Mason's office after he got back to the house from patrolling the borders, his eyes meet mine as he looks up from his work, I give him a sympathetic look seeing he hasn't slept in over a week and barley eats anymore. I look into his hopeful eyes and shake my head signaling it happened again. Luna Katie, has started to see our fallen pack members when she's alone and when this happens you'll hear her yelling and crying saying it wasn't her fault that she didn't mean for it to happen that she was sorry. Mason first found this out when he woke up to Katie talking in the middle of the room at two o'clock in the morning, saying 'Logan please I'm sorry', ' I know this is my fault' and stuff like that and every so often she would move her eyes or body like she way following something. There has been several more encounters like this since that day including this one. I'm severely worried for her now, she won't eat but maybe once every five days or so and her skin is ghostly pale. This isn't healthy, and she was doing so well for a while until she started having these hallucinations. I just hope she some how recovers from this she's really taking it hard.
"Alright thank you Camron, you may leave now" my brother quietly answers and dismisses me.
Mason's p.o.v
It hurts seeing her like this, the fight really broke her. But my sweet Kitten is strong she will recover and come back, she has to. Looking at the time I see it's about eleven, "alright well might as well try to get her to sleep some tonight." I say to myself. Walking down the hall to our room I slowly open the door, glancing in I see her passed out on the bed. I sigh and walk over stripping to just my boxers and climbing in wrapping my arms around her protectively. She whimpers but moves closer to me, I tighten my arms and fall asleep.
Katie's p.o.v
As my eyes flutter open and Mason's arms are wrapped securely around me, as if he lets go he'll lose me. It's still flooding and as my vision clears I see a figure it the middle of our room.
I remove his arms from my waist and climb out of bed and move over to the figure and tears come to my eyes when I see Cassidy standing there. "Why?" Her little voice rings in my ears,
"I'm sorry Cassidy," I speak truthfully.
"Was I not that important, were you just embarrassed like the rest of my family to have a filthy no good bloodsucker in the place so you just let me die. Was I really a monster Katie." She finishes with tears in her eyes, "No Cassidy that's not it." My voice comes out strangled as I slide down the walls D bring my knees to my chest. "Don't lie to me Katie that's exactly it, you thought 'oh she's a pest and a monster, oh and look everyone's life is in danger so let's just hope she dies with them all.' Well you know what Katie you've always been more involved in you friends then the rest of you pack, but now there dead too, so good job." And with that she was gone in a flash she was gone leaving me I'm a crumpled mess on the floor rocking back and forth crying while pulling on my hair. Every memory coming flooding back, making the water works flow harder till I'm laying down my hands over my ears and shaking. Not soon enough my body finally shuts down and I pass out in a dark pool of nothingness and my problems, are postponed until I wake up once again. And the terror begins once more.
*******************************************
Well what do you guys think, please comment and voice your opinions. I'm here to listen and I will. But anyway thanks for reading, vote and comment. Have a good day everyone, bye.
~the wannabe writer~