Chapter 4: The Bells

"Believe it, I'm Naruto Uzumaki, I like instant ramen in a cup, and I really like the ramen Iruka-sensei got me at the Ichiraku noodle shop," Naruto started speak, making me contemplate whether or not it would have been better to have been b...

      "Believe it, I'm Naruto Uzumaki, I like instant ramen in a cup, and I really like the ramen Iruka-sensei got me at the Ichiraku noodle shop," Naruto started speak, making me contemplate whether or not it would have been better to have been born deaf.

      "But I hate the three minutes you have to wait after you pour the water in the ramen cup. My hobbies are eating different kinds of ramen and comparing them," Naruto said, Kakashi was trying (but failing) to look interested. Kakashi was also trying (but failing) to be a good teacher.

      I tuned out the rest of his speech as I pretended to be deaf.

      I nervously bit my bottom lip, I couldn't think of anything to introduce myself. I envied Naruto's small mind for being able to come up with his likes and dislikes. Maybe I can pull a Kakashi? Nah...

      "My name is Sakura Haruno, I like--I mean the person I like," Sakura paused and blushed. I bit my bottom lip in concentration. "My dream for the future is-" she looked at Sasuke before blushing and looking down. "My hobbies are-" Once again she blushed and looked down.

      "What about your dislikes?" Kakashi asked, and Sakura looked at Naruto who was grinning at her.

      "NARUTO!" She yelled, pointing at him. Her voice immediately got normal again. "Also snakes."

      "Okay, the other kid," Kakashi said, looking at Sasuke. I began to wonder how Kakashi managed to make his uncaring expression so obvious underneath so much face covering and masks.

      "My name is Sasuke Uchiha, I don't particularly like anything, and the list drags on of what I dislike," he paused, and I shook my head. Figures. "What I have is not really a dream, because I will make it a reality, I will restore my clan and kill a certain someone," he finished, it was silent as we all sat on the roof. I dangled my feet over the stone seat I was sitting on, sadly it was taller than me, like everything else. I wonder if Sasuke realizes just how awkward he made a simple introduction.

      "Okay the last one," Kakashi stated, staring at me.

      "My name is Sana Itadori. I haven't quite decided what I like or dislike, well I guess I like the color blue," that was stupid. "My dream for the future is still undecided, and my hobbies... I sew?" Why did that sound more like a question?

      "Okay...thanks for the normal introduction, all of you are unique in your own ways, meet here tomorrow for your missions, make sure not to eat anything or you'll puke it all up." Kakashi stated, before putting his hands together, and in a instant he was gone in a fog of smoke before any of us could even ask what our first mission would be.

      I coughed a little and waved my hand to get the fog out of my face, Sakura had done the same. I slowly got off the brick I had been sitting on, and without a word, I started walking back home.