Chapter 21: The Third Hokage & The Arrival Of Itachi Uchiha And Sharky

"Naruto... you..." Sasuke stared.

"Sasuke, you take it easy..." Naruto said his back to us. "You just leave the rest up to me, Uzumaki Naruto!!" He then lifted his arm up. "All right! Everybody!! Let's go!!" All of them jumped at the still healing Gaara. Throwing Shuriken at him before they all kicked him.

"Remember when we used to do D rank missions," I asked, leaning away from the battle. "Kinda miss those."

       "This power," Sasuke murmured, and I reached for him, nestling my fingers into the fabric of his top.

        "Kay, I can see you're going through it, but how about you go through it from a larger distance," I suggested, now grabbing his arm firmly so we could jump away.

       And, just as I expected, whatever was left of Gaara turned violent, the monster exploding out from the boy. My eyes burned from the upheaval of dust that scattered about the forest floor.

"What is that...?" Sasuke asked, I looked down at him for a small second.

I could barely see through the foggy vision that now restricted my lids. "Tailed beast. You should study more." I rubbed the heels of my palms into my eyes.

"Hn," he paused, now looking slightly offended and reluctant to ask the question.

"There are nine of them in all. They are demons. No doubt this is One Tailed," I murmured. Pakkun nodded. "Maybe the Two..."

"They are demons that wrecked havoc on these lands before. They were sealed into nine different kids from all over the lands. Gaara is one of them," Pakkun explained.

"And Naruto is as well?" I asked carefully.

My eyes widened as sand covered Naruto before he could stop it. No doubt the famous Desert Coffin. Sasuke leaned down in pain, "Shit! My body, it...!" Sasuke exclaimed, I pushed him down quickly before he could get up.

"Listen, I know this hurts your pride or whatever, but that's a fight of monsters. You got to learn to take the 'L'," I said, making Sasuke stay as a giant frog was summoned I recognized it immediately with a smile. He was bigger than even the Tailed beast himself.

"What with you..." The frog yelled before seeing it was Naruto. "You again! What'cha want?!" Gamabunta stared at the Tailed Beast with a deadpanned look.

"Gamabunta! Like, fight with me would ya! I'm counting on you boss!" Naruto yelled and the frog closed his eyes defiant.

"Nope!" Said the giant frog. It this situation wasn't so serious I would have laughed.

"Huh!?" Naruto yelled with giant and white eyes. "But... Like, why!?"

"You said you'd make me your underling last time!" Naruto's voice boomed over the forest. "A boss is someone who's supposed to help out an underling when he's in trouble ain't he!? That's what the way of the family is... Ain't it!?"

"For sure, I said I'd make you my underling, but I ain't exchanged my Sakazuki with you yet..." Gamabunta said simply. "Why should I have ta do anythin' for the sake of this guy.... A big pain in the butt..."

"But! But! I'm not 20 years old yet! I can't drink Sake!!" Naruto shouted, and the smaller frog that Naruto first summoned jumped on his head.

"Now don't be sayin' that and listen to the fellow, would ya! I was saved by him! Pops!" Yelled the small frog. This was getting weird.

"Huh? Pops!?" Naruto yelled.

"Why are you here Gamakichi!" Gamabunta yelled.

"I was bored so I came out to play... But never mind that, that guy tried to bully me around!!" Yelled Gamakichi.