Chapter 10: Training Begins

"Tree climbing?"

"Really?"

"That sounds boring, lets do some other Jutsu."

Naruto grinned and exclaimed, "Yeah! Teach us how to kick ass!" Naruto sent a look to an annoyed Sasuke. Kakashi immediately sighed.

      "Not all ass. I'd be satisfied learning how to kick Naruto's ass," I said to myself.

      "As if you need a class to fight that idiot," Sasuke replied.

"Can you wait tell I finish tell you start complaining," Kakashi-sensei pointed to a perfect looking tree. "This isn't normal tree climbing." Kakashi-sensei gave me a look that said he did not appreciate the sarcasm, although I think secretly he did. "You will be climbing without the use of your hands."

I looked down sadly. Making Chakra go down to my feet was not my forte, the fact is I can't do anything with my Chakra as I only just learned how to make a single non crappy shadow clone. Everything else like Jutsu's are out of my range of learning.

"How does that work?" Sakura asked, making Kakashi-sensei weakly walked to the tree using his crutches and just like he said with no hands he walked up the tree. Jounin or not, he's in crutches and he will do way better that Naruto, Sasuke, and I. We all looked at Kakashi-sensei amazed.

"Well now do you see? Gather your Chakra in the bottom of your feet and climb up the tree. This is something you can do once you master Chakra well," Kakashi-sensei explained without much care.

"Wait a minute!! How is learning how to climb a tree going to make us stronger," Sakura yelled, Kakashi-sensei closed his eyes calmly.

"Here's the main part. Listen closely. The purpose of this training is," Kakashi-sensei paused. "First to teach you how to control Chakra. To bring out the proper amount to the proper area. As I said earlier, this is the most important aspect when using Jutsu. This can be difficult for even a skilled ninja. The amount of Chakra needed to climb a tree is small, but it must be exact. And it is said that the bottom of the foot is the most difficult area to gather Chakra.

"So basically, if you can learn this control you should be able to master any Jutsu..." Kakashi-sensei paused as if thinking it over before adding in a small muttering voice. "Theoretically..."

"The second thing is for you to develop the stamina needed to control Chakra properly. Depending on the Jutsu, controlling your Chakra properly can be ver difficult. And a ninja will usually be gathering his Chakra during battle while constantly moving. Those types of situations make controlling Chakra even more difficult. That's why tree climbing, you must gain the stamina needed for this proper control.

"Well me talking all day isn't going to accomplish anything," Kakashi-sensei grinned happily down at us his eyes cutting through me like a knife before he closed them. "This is something you'll have to learn with your bodies." Kakashi-sensei threw four kunai side by side, and throwing the last one to the far right and angle I couldn't see from here.

"Use those kunai to mark how high you make it up the tree. Then use that to mark as your goal and try to surpass it. You guys won't be good enough to just walk up the tree the first time. So get some momentum and try running up the tree. Got it?" Kakashi-sensei looked at everyone while I walked to the last kunai and picked it up. It was a few trees down from the rest of them, so I could barely see the rest of the teammates.

"This training is nothing to me!! I could do it before breakfast!!! Cause I'm the most improved!!!" Naruto yelled, stretching out his muscles and grinning.