Chapter 13: A Hero Shows Up At The Last Second

"What a shame now both your arms are useless," Kakashi-sensei gloated. "You can't even preform a seal."

      "You're getting beaten, how disappointing," spoke a new voice from an old small man that kinda reminded me of Mickey Mouse, I don't know why. "Zabuza..."

      "Gatou? Why are you here? What's with all these men?" Zabuza asked, and Gatou let out a small smirk.

"Hehehe... The plan has changed... Well actually, I planned to do this from the beginning," Gatou laughed. "Zabuza, I'm going to have you killed here. I never planned on paying you any money. Hiring a normal ninja from the village is expensive and they may betray me... So I get you missing-nins who are easy to take care of afterwards. I have the ninjas battle each other and once they're weakened I kill them off with numbers. It doesn't cost me anything. Good plan, don't you think?"

Would have been better if he hadn't shown up here in person...

"The only problem in the plan was you Zabuza... The Devil Of The Hidden Mist? What a joke, if you ask me... Hehe, you're just a... cute little baby devil," Gatou taunted, before grinning. "We can easily kill you now!!"

"Who are these guys? So many of them..." Naruto trailed of and I gave him a bewildered look. Wasn't it obvious?

"Zabuza's ex-employer and his pawns," I murmured to the boy, who made an O shape with his mouth. Zabuza looked down.

"Kakashi I'm sorry... This fight is over. Now that I have no reason to go after Tazuna, I have no reason to fight you," Zabuza looked up at Gatou.

"Ah..." Kakashi-sensei murmured.

"Huh?" Naruto confusedly stated, I sighed and turned around hearing a single 'you're right' from Kakashi-sensei. I walked closer to the fallen Uchiha Sasuke, and kneeled down next Sakura, finding no need to get drawn into that battle.

Sakura-san cried next to him, I awkwardly sat down. On the second thought the battle seemed okay from this point.

"Have you checked his pulse or anything?" I asked, and Sakura continued to cry. I blinked down at her depressed state before looking back over at Kakashi-sensei and Zabuza.

"Oh yeah..." Gatou walked closer to Haku's dead body, his arm bandaged. "I owe this one..." Gatou kicked Haku roughly. "You squeezed my arm until it broke..."

I frowned, a small sense of annoyance rushing over me.

"Heh... He's dead," Gatou kicked Haku's dead body even harder as if it were some pebble on the side of the road. My hands clenched the material of my skirt.

"What are you doing!!! You bastard!!" Naruto exclaimed, and my fists unclenched and I stared at Naruto with a smile. It's just like him to voice out exactly how he feels. Naruto never hesitated and was always so unrestrained. The idiot ninja ran to Gatou as if he were ready to kill but Kakashi-sensei held him back.

"Hey! Look at their numbers, don't just jump in!" Kakashi-sensei scolded.

"Say something too! Weren't you friends!?" Naruto yelled to Zabuza, but the masked man didn't even flinch.

"Shut up kid. Haku is already dead," Zabuza murmured, and Naruto snapped.

"Don't you feel anything at all?!! Weren't you two always together!!!" Naruto exclaimed; I looked down slightly.

"As I was used by Gatou, I used Haku. That's all it was. I've said it already... In the world of the Shinobi there are only those who use, and those who are used. We Shinobi are simply tools... What I wanted was his blood, not him. I have no regrets," Zabuza explained.