Chapter 24: After Sasuke - Sound V.S Leaf

"And now his Chakra is abnormal," I said as we ran, Naruto looked over my shoulder to see.

"How can you tell what the hell all the beeps and circles are doing?" He asked.

"Naruto, get back to your position," Shikamaru ordered and Naruto went back to his place in line. I rolled my eyes staring at the machine as we jumped tree to tree. "Sana, what's going on."

"Well, I'm just making a guess, but Orochimaru didn't put that curse seal on him for nothing. He needs Sasuke, and right now the curse seal is unstable. I am sure that if Orochimaru needed him enough, he wouldn't just keep an unstable power. There has to be a way to stable it. Judging by the way the Chakra is flowing, I'm guessing they need to stable it quickly. Something must be wrong with the curse seal as it is, most likely it erodes the body and kills the victim. Their first priority would be to prevent that. There is another Chakra surrounding Sasuke's right now, no doubt a seal," I explained. "That's all I can conclude about this, sadly."

"That's more than enough," Shikamaru said, Akumaru suddenly whined. "What's going on?"

"There's a smell of blood, and close!" Kiba said, looking back at Shikamaru. "I can smell the sent of five ninjas, including Sasuke. I can't detect what direction exactly, but I don't need to. They were fighting two other ninjas, but the five of them are getting further away from the smell of the blood. What's our plan?!"

"I see..." Shikamaru said. "There are people assisting Sasuke, I know that now."

"Well, let's hurry up and chase after Sasuke!!" Naruto yelled.

"Dammit Naruto, shut your trap! It's up to Shikamaru to decide! Don't boss us around!" Kiba exclaimed.

"If you can smell blood then that could only mean that there was some form of combat. If we go there, I bet we can gather some sort of information, but we must approach carefully. We must switch to scouting positions and proceed with caution," Shikamaru explained.

"If we were to do that Sasuke would be crossing the border of the Flame Country," said Neji.

"Alright we'll go after Sasuke!" Said Shikamaru.

"Roger that! That's how it should be!!" Exclaimed Naruto.

"Although," I began and Shikamaru looked at me. "There was a fight, that only means the enemy's alertness has risen. They must be prepared for pursuer Shinobi. We'll be facing lots of traps and ambushes from here on."

"She's right. From here on, use both your eyes and noses to their full potential! We have to find them before they can ambush us!" Shikamaru ordered. "Also, if you detect suspicious movement don't just avoid it, analyze it!"

"Alright!!" Naruto yelled. "If I find them, I'll beat the hell out of them with my new Jutsu."

Stop bragging about that freaking Jutsu, dammit.

"Hey! The stench of the enemy is all over this place!" Kiba yelled and we came to a stop at Shikamaru's command. I looked around.

"Look up there," I said pointing up to a paper bomb.

"Explosive seal..." Said Neji. "I see five more of those. This formation of the 'barrier seal' is placed her."

"Barrier seal?" Chouji asked.

"It's a form of Ninjutsu trap. Seal-type traps are triggered when the enemy enters an area encircled by the trap seals. I read in my dad's book that it's a high class Ninjutsu," Shikamaru explained.

"Damn, we have no other way than to flank it?" Asked Kiba. Or we can throw Naruto into it, I'm good either way.

¥¥