Chapter 22: Broken Silence

“He has the most dazzling eyes like chocolate crystallized earth in a sea of tranquil raindrops,” said Keira from next to me. I rolled my eyes. So in other words brown.

“Why are you even still here? You delivered that scroll an hour ago?” I asked, and she grinned her rain village headband glinting a little. It was my mission to escort her around the village in case she decided to stay for the night from her mission of delivering some scroll from the rain village. Sasuke had been in the hospital for two days now, not showing any signs of waking up or so I heard from Sakura. I'll visit him in a week... Maybe.

“I wanna stay in a nice hotel, so I don't have to head back so suddenly,” she answered. I honestly didn't think I'd see her again after the Chuunin Examinations.

“What kind of hotel? I need more information than just, nice,” I said, giving her a smile so she won't complain that I was impolite.

“Um, how about one with cute boys,” she finally said. Oh yeah, cause cute boys just love to hang out in hotels all the time... “I like boys with beautiful waves and crooked bangs.” So in other words, guys with curly hair. Geez why can you just say that...

“Anything else but the guys?” I asked, walking past a few buildings, people we passed seemed to smile and wave nicely. If I was here on my own I would have happily bought stuff or food from the stalls. Sadly I can't do that now.

“How about one with a hot spring?” She asked and I made a left turn her following obediently. Finally a request that was normal. “One with guys in it though.” Never-mind.

“Konoha doesn't have coed hot springs,” I said simply. You won't ever be able to men and woman bathing in the same spring... That's disgusting. What if a girl catches cooties. Ew. “Anything else?”

“Um, food, food would be good. One with no fatty food just vegetables, wait, these hotels do have room-service right?” She asked, I continued to keep the smile on my face despite how annoyed I was.

“Yes,” I stopped at a bright looking building that said “Kosuraka Resort Inn” in big bold letters. She stared up at it innocently. “So far this has all your requests for a hotel. Except the coed hot springs....”

“It has boys?” I nodded. “With beautiful waves and crooked bangs?” I sweat-dropped, but nodded again. “Hot springs.” Nod. “No fatty food?” Nod. “Cute rooms shaped with decorative beds.” Shut up already. I gave a nod. “Cute Konoichi robes.” I don't even know what that is... But still I nodded. “Does the sun go into the windows from the East?”

“You never said anything about that,” I murmured.

“It's a given,” she retorted.

I sighed, “Let's find a different hotel.”

                                                                          ¥❁¥