Chapter 6: Target Tazuna

There were many moments when I was first figuring out that, oh shit, am I really going to have to be a Shinobi, that I decided I didn't actually enjoy fighting

There were many moments when I was first figuring out that, oh shit, am I really going to have to be a Shinobi, that I decided I didn't actually enjoy fighting. There were many moments in the academy that I would watch the students all jabber on and on about all the things they wanted to do as a ninja. Mind you, most of those students did not pass the academy exam. Still, I would often sit at my desk and think, the fuck are you doing, Itadori Sana? That was when I grew jealous of my sister, wishing I could trade places since we both so obviously were not where we wanted.

So, in standing near my team, watching a tree get destroyed into splinters and Kakashi nowhere to be seen, I thought once again, the fuck are you doing, Itadori Sana? I still had no answer to the question I could barely formulate. All I did know was that I wanted to go home, but I was here, playing ninja, but not really feeling it. I was stuck, watching Sasuke save Naruto from getting his ass chopped like an idiot in the same way the tree of Kakashi's shape had been. I was, likely understandably, wondering what I was doing pretending to care about any of this. Even Sakura had chosen to stand in front of Tazuna, protecting him and I couldn't move my legs.

I was frozen, and not because I was afraid. I wish I could say I was like Naruto, who had frozen in fear because at least that could be trained out of him. Instead, I was frozen with an apathy so deep that I didn't know how to battle it. Move your feet, Sana.

I managed to walk forward, taking out a kunai because, no I couldn't do Ninjutsu, but I could do this much. I tossed the kunai straight, just as the chains came at my dumbass. The kunai pierced through the chains, into the groves and causing them to tangle. Still, I wasn't fast enough, and the end of a chain hit me in my arm, causing me to fall down with a wince. After the fake Kakashi was destroyed Sasuke was quick to act and save Naruto from getting chopped up the same way. Naruto still managed to get stabbed. I merely blinked and went straight to back up Sakura in defending Tazuna figuring Sasuke would get mad if I tried to help him. Also, I didn't actually care to much about Sasuke, and in my defense, my shoes were still kind of wet from stepping in that puddle so I didn't really want to deal with the stress of a fight. The land of waves was officially going to suck. Whatever was happening with Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, and Tazuna had not occurred to me as the pain of the chain had made a bruise into my arm.

All I could think was, 'holy fuck'.

Kakashi appeared with both ninja in a headlock. "Hi," Kakashi spoke up, as though he'd just gone to the bathroom quickly.

"Hi? You appear after being torn to shreds and all you have to say is hi," I mumbled, and Kakashi sent me a closed eyed smile. I tried to ease the pain of my own arm with a deep breath and pure rage at a sensei who ditched us.

"Is that not the greetings these days? How about 'what's up'?" Kakashi replied.

"That isn't the issue, Kakashi-sensei," I retorted.