A Home Tutor

"Curse this! He went over there!"

The Estraneo Famiglia never thought this would happen, even over their arduous, arduous years of constant trial and failure in their scientific research. They were so close-- so, so close to completing their experiment.

So, so close to succeeding.

A large explosion destroyed the west wing, and a wave of children poured out, escaping, escaping-- escaping like lost souls set free from their hell.

This gave the Mafioso more work on their hands. Some captured the escapees, some panicked and some yelled orders to each other; while the rest were focused on locating the intruder that vanished in that moment's distraction.

A cloaked figure simpered from his comfortable seat on the roof. He was dressed completely in black, aside from a white clay mask that covered the large of his face. His mask exposed one of his orange eyes-- sharp and solid, standing out in the darkness of the night.

The intruder was an abnormally young one-- young, so young, he probably wasn't even a teenager. He was short enough to pass as a preschooler, but in fact, he was a child that had just entered grade school.

He stood up, heading over to the other edge of the roof. He spotted a window, and slipped in.

His small figure made it easy.

----

He found himself viewing a morbid scene of carnage.

Deep, dark crimson caked the whole room, and the lucid stench of iron filled the room. Gore was splattered all over the place, terribly messy and disgusting pieces of flesh were splashed out of corpses--

Urgh, he thought. How messy.

But who would have done this...?

The intruder spotted another boy, around his age. That other boy stood in the midst of the bloodbath-- undeniably the cause of it all.

The boy held a trident in his hands, and his eyes were-- Mismatched.

That eye didn't feel normal, not at all.

But the intruder knew more than to show signs of fear now. 

The blue-haired boy turned to the intruder, and gave him a wickedly innocent smile. "Oh, I thought it was noisy out there. Are you perhaps an intruder?" he questions in an amused tone, as if a taunt, but the intruder did not take the bait.

The intruder nodded, but gave no word of response.

Impulsively, the blue-haired boy threw the trident he was holding. He threw it straight forward, as if it was a javelin, aiming it right at the intruder.

The intruder, taken by surprise, ducked aside just barely enough to avoid being impaled in the chest. However, it sliced deeply through his left forearm, leaving a gash that burned and bled horribly. The torn flesh made him hiss and he reached for the cabinets right by him.

He found a clean cloth and pressed it on the wound.

The blue-haired boy smirked widely, terribly amused now. "You're pretty experienced."

The intruder nodded in mutual recognition, and so their eyes met again. They eyed each other for a long, long moment--

The intruder leaps back out the window.

-----------------------------------

------

7 years later