Being 27

"So in the end, the plan didn't work out, eh?" Belphegor asked, leaning against the wall which had Tsuna leaning on the other side. The rest of the Varia were there as well, Squalo on a wheelchair, Leviathan somewhere staring at Xanxus, Xanxus standing the the door, Lussuria facing Tsuna, Mammon on Tsuna's shoulder.

"The result was quite unexpected, but I'm not sure if we could call it a failure." Lussuria said.

"But, it wasn't exactly a success either, no?" Levi asked.

"So what now, Scum?" Xanxus demanded.

Tsuna held out seven stacks of bills. "10,000,000 each. Your pay." he said. The Varia took it gladly and stuffed it into their pockets.

"Why, though? Didn't we fail?" Bel asked.

Tsuna shook his head, "You didn't." They were confused, so Tsuna continued, "I asked you guys for one thing only." he explained,

"To free Subject #027, Kakeru."

Reborn, who was listening from afar, was shocked. Dino popped up beside him. "Never thought you'd resort to eavesdropping, Reborn." Dino said but flinched and decided to keep his mouth shut when Reborn drew his Leon Gun.

"Why would you want to save someone like him, anyway?" Levi asked.

Tsuna chuckled, "Kakeru wasn't a chimera made from scratch. Kakeru was the real name of the newborn infant the Estraneo revived. Kakeru just happened to catch the eye of the Estraneo, being one that had accidentally wandered into the Estraneo Experimental Base-something no one, even I, could ever do.

But, by that time, Kakeru was on the verge of death, probably miscarriage or something like someone abandoned him. The Estraneo brought him in and tried reviving him, finding more an more interest in the boy. By the time I'd found him, he'd had not only been mixed with the cells of animals, but of high ranking Mafia members as well. Mostly of Vongola Primo." he explained,

"That's why he looks like me, probably. But will all those DNA in, he has zero Vongola Blood in him. The Estraneo were working on that when I'd interfered." Tsuna admitted, "I don't care if he almost killed me, I felt sorry for him." he said, "Stupid right?"

"Well, what could I do? He didn't deserve to be a test experiment. He deserved a peaceful death, at least." he said. At this point, the Varia were wondering why his voice hadn't run out. "After that, the Vindice sealed him and his power away in the water prison, but he'd only broken out a long time later." he sighed, "They threw responsibility to me, 27. How useless can they be?" he whined. "When he changed to identity to that of Sawada Kakeru, I played along. He became what used to be Sawada Tsunayoshi's role, and I became number 27." he said. "Sadly, the Vindice said that they'd take Kakeru back when the time came once again."

"I didn't want Kakeru to go back to Vendicare." Tsuna admitted, "I wanted him to have a life." he said. "I didn't care how hard it would be for me, I just wanted to give him the life he didn't get." he said. "I' wanted him to have position of Decimo, but I guess no Vongola Blood is too high of a requirement, eh?" he sighed. "But this is fine. Now he is free. He can do anything he wants, anywhere he wants, whenever he wants." Tsuna said.

"That's why, it's fine." Tsuna said. "I wanted him to be free, that was all."

"Somewhere along the way, I guess I lost my voice to the fear of his presence." he finally decided to ease their discomfort, "Now that he's gone, I have nothing to fear anything. Thank you for that as well." he bowed in thanks.

-----

Tsuna had sensed that something would happen, something completely out of his predictions will happen when he reaches the Sawada Household. Nervously, he wavered between choices, to open the window, or to go into a certain direction his intuition was telling him to go. But another part of his Hyper Intuition told him there would be no point in chasing after whatever that was.

After ten seconds of furious debating, he decided to just open his window and see later if he needed to take chase. But he soon realized his choice was correct. The floor was seemingly wiped clean of a horrible puddle, but newly, still undried drops of blood decorated the floor, And in the middle of the floor was a knife, stabbed into the ground.

There was a slip of paper. Swallowing his saliva, Tsuna took off his hood and picked the knife out, then the paper.

Sorry. We'll be off for now, along with 'their' memories. See you next time. -Oozora, Sky.

Crushing the paper, Tsuna looked out the window.

The dark, ebony sky, letting out a little federal blue, mixed in with the yellow-laced orange rays of the sun breaking into dawn. "Black and Orange..." Tsuna realized, Slowly, the sky changed color, the sunrise brought some red hues, the sky already turning the shade of ivory for day. "Orange and White." he mumbled.

He turned back to his room, closing the windows. He took off his hood and started getting ready for school. "So, this is how it ends? With me being the Vongola Decimo, Sora and Ten forgetting everything, Kakeru disappearing?" As he fastened his tie and slung his bag over his shoulders, he sighed.

"Kakeru, Sora, and Ten." he chanted, and began walking down the stairs as if nothing happened. Everyone who wasn't there at the Sky Battle should've forgotten who Kakeru was. Nana included. She was cheerily placing a plate of fresh toast for Tsuna. Tsuna gulped. This was hard to get used to. He placed the bread between his lips, and headed out the gates.

"I guess it's until we meet again." he looked up at the sky. He closed the gate and walked to school. He blocked the sun's rays with his hand."The sky sure is beautiful today." he admired.

"Arrivederci," he said, "e ci vediamo."

Goodbye, and see you again.

And when that time comes,

I guess I'll continue Being 27.

- - To be Continued