Decisions

It was a few days after Tsuna was announced as the soon-to-be Vongola Decimo. It was peaceful.

But not everywhere.

-----

Sora was sitting on the bed, beside his deeply asleep brother. "Nii-nii..."

It was night, and Tsuna was out on a mission. Sora was still looking at Ten, hoping for him to finally wake up.

Without knowing, he dozed off.

-----

He woke up to the thick smell of blood. He snapped his eyes open to find Ten with a shard of glass to his wrist, his wrists cut. Ten was just simply waiting for himself to grow unconscious. "Nii-nii!"

Ten looked over. "Sora? Did I wake you up? Sorry."

"That's not the problem here! Why are you doing this?" Sora panicked, trying to find something that' stop the bleeding.

Ten sighed. "Should I tell you, Sora?"

"Huh?" Sora asked, temporarily forgetting the main problem.

"The truth...about us."

"The truth about us?" Sora repeated.

"Yes, the truth about us." Ten gave an uncharacteristically sly smile.

"...are you Oozora?" Sora suspected.

"Of course not. I'm your precious 'Nii-nii', right?" Ten said.

Sora gulped. "You don't have his presence."

"Why would I have a presence in the first place?" Ten chuckled darkly.

"Wha-What does that mean?" Sora asked.

"Inhuman things don't deserve to have one." Ten said, face turning into one of annoyed anger.

"Inhuman things?"

"We're not human. You and I both." Ten explained.

"Not...human...?" Sora was getting more and more interested, but he was more worried about Ten with his slit wrists.

"The both of us are merely a disposable personality." Ten said.

"Disposable?"

"A long time ago, a boy called Cielo died full of regrets." Ten started.

"I've...I've heard that from Bermuda." Sora said.

"The Estraneo took his body and started experimenting on it." Ten laughed at this. "We are the result."

"What on earth did they do...?"

"They split his soul into three parts, based on his flames." Ten held up three fingers with his bloody hand, weakly.

"Flames?" Sora asked.

"Haven't you ever wondered what black, white, orange and red mean?" Ten asked.

"It's our color...?"

"Naive. Red is the color of Storm Flames. Orange is the color of Sky Flames." Ten said.

"So Oozora can use Storm Flames, and I can use Sky Flames?" Sora questioned.

"Now think. What is black?" Ten asked. Sora's eyes widened in realization. "Correct. The Flames of the Night."

"Bermuda... Bermuda should be the only one to be able to produce them!" Sora denied.

"Just try. You can too. Or at least, Sky can." Ten said, unaffected.