Mist

"Cielo! I didn't say you could trash my beautiful castle!" Mukuro whined.

"This ain't a castle and it wasn't me." Ten grumbled back.

"Technically he is and you didn't have to correct that!" Mukuro screamed.

"Hell if I have to deal with his damages every time! He destroys EVERY FUCKING THING he sees!" Ten yelled.

"And who do you think fixes all that up?" Mukuro groaned.

Ten thought for a while, "27 pays for repairs?"

"I cover it up with illusions!" Mukuro whined.

"But in the end 27 was the one who got it fixed, right?" Ten asked, "Money and all?"

"But still-!"

This time 27 appeared and hit them both in the head, hard. "Just SHUT UP and I'm going home."

"E-Eh? Wait, I'm going home too!" Ten held the bump on his head and ran after the older.

"Are you leaving me to clean up your mess, 27?" Mukuro asked, wishing he would say-

"Yes." 27 answered, as if it was obvious.

-----

"Damn that bastard...he turned tail and ran!" Kakeru dug himself out of the debris and cursed out loud. Reborn just plainly looked.

"He didn't run away. He let you go." Reborn said. He never knew where all Kakeru's energy came from.

"Scratch that! I can beat him with my bare fist!" Kakeru yelled.

"How are you going to do that if you can't even lay a finger on me?" Reborn groaned.

Kakeru was silent.

"Cielo and 27, those two are on the list of the world's most skilled assassins. Cielo is in the twenties, while 27 is in the top five." Reborn said.

Kakeru was just about to snap back when Reborn continued. "Cielo trained under 27, but he's only not in the top five because he seldom takes missions. If Cielo is stronger than me, the world's strongest hitman, 27 can possibly be stronger than the Ninth himself. A coward like you doesn't hold a candle to him."

Kakeru gulped.

-----

"Gods, those two are finally gone...looks like they've accomplished whatever they came here for..." Mukuro mumbled.

Reborn and Kakeru turned to see Rokudou Mukuro by the door. Mukuro spotted them and smiled. "Now I remember why I'm grateful 27 left." He walked up to Kakeru. "Now I can kill you without any more distractions, yes?"

-----

"Mouuuu...and I was looking forward to seeing Bakakeru get killed too..." Ten mumbled, Tsuna pulling him by the collar as they made they way back home. 27 didn't answer as he continued dragging the younger away. "Hey heyyy did you get it?" 27 nodded.

He reached into his pocket and took out a ring. It was a plain, silver ring, with an indigo marble design. 27 tossed it to Cielo.

"Thanksies! I didn't know what I'd do when I found out I lost this." Cielo cheered and slipped the ring into his finger, closing his eyes. He clenched his fist and the ring lit up an indigo mist flame. "It won't be long before our connection strays too far away, eh..." he whispered to himself.

They reached the Sawada household and 27 left Cielo at the trunk of the tree while he jumped up to the branches then to his room, leaving Cielo to come up himself.

Cielo leaned against the trunk of the tree, deciding to go up later and have a bit of rest for now. "I've forgotten, but our condition isn't permanent, is it?" He covered his eyes with the back of his hand, "Soon enough, neither of us will remain in this world..." he mumbled.

"You listening, idiot?" he asked. No one answered him. He sighed. "To put it simply," he started,

"We'll die, Oozora."