Confusing Love

ROWAN POV:

Lily and Katie have to force me out of bed the next morning, saying I would look worse if I skipped classes. They forced me to take a shower and get into my robes, and they ended up dragging me down the halls. People stared at me as I entered, and started whispering. I guess they all heard. Katie, Lily, and I join Alice at the very end of the table, as far away from Remus as possible. I look over and see him staring down at his plate, looking miserable. He deserves it. Sirius plops down next to me and gives me a sympathetic look.

"You alright? Don't worry about Remus, he's just a cheating git." I manage a smile and fight back tears. Sirius puts a protective arm around my shoulder and hugs me. "It'll be alright, Plumi. Promise," he whispers into my hair and I see the others staring. I blush and look down at my plate.

***********

Classes are even more awkward, considering I have to sit next to Remus.

"Rowan, I can explain if you'll just let me," Remus pleads but I shake my head.

"No need to explain. I hope you and Amanda are happy together." He doesn't say anything after that, just sighs. I can see Sirius watching us from across the room. I wish I sat next to him, I've always felt more comfortable around him.

"Alright, class dismissed," the Professor says and I rush out of the room, Sirius on my heels. We walk in silence for a while until he takes my hand and leads me outside.

"Where are we going?" I whine as he drags me.

"Just c'mon," he says, a mischievous glint in his eye. We walk along the dew-covered grass until we reach the edge of the forest.

"Okay, so what now?" I ask just as Sirius turns into his Animagus form. I laugh in understanding and close my eyes, feeling the tingling sensation on my skin that's now familiar. I open my eyes and see my familiar red and gold wings. I spread them wide and take off after Sirius. We play around with the animals in the forest for a while, having the most fun I've had in weeks. Sirius lets out a low bark, signaling for me to follow him. I fly above him all the way to a small meadow just on the edge of the forest. Lillie's covered the whole place as far as I could see, and there was a single tree in the middle, along with the forest lining it. I'd never been here before, we must be far in the forest. I land gracefully while Sirius comes running after me clumsily, panting, but grinning with his little doggy fangs. I change back to my regular form and so does Sirius. We lie there panting for a while, the breeze brushing my hair in my face slightly.

"Thanks, Sirius, that was really fun." I give him a sideways glance and he smiles a goofy grin. He just looks at me for a second. His eyes are a light blue color, but not really a blue, more of a gray. His shaggy, black hair falls into his eyes and reaches past his ears a little bit.

"What?" He asks, smirking.

"Your eyes are gray," I say simply and he chuckles and ends up rolling around laughing. "What?! They are..." The laughter dies down and I look back at him. He glances down at my lips and before I know what's happening, he's leaning in. Is he going to kiss me?! His lips press lightly to mine, as if hesitant and unsure about how I'd respond to it. After a while I just kind of stood there, shocked, and he pulled me closer, wrapping his arm tightly around my waist. His head tilts to the side slightly, and deepens the kiss. It wasn't a totally perverted kiss, it was basically just his lips pressed to mine, but it made my whole body buzz with excitement. I was kissing Sirius Black, my pranking partner, and the boy who attracted most girls like a magnet. He was kissing ME. He finally recoiled and smirked at me. Then for almost no reason at all, I burst into tears.

"Shhh, shhhh," he comforts me, and lets me lean on his chest. "Please don't cry." I'd never heard Sirius beg like this. He didn't sound like his normal, funny, confident self. Then again, I was balling into his shirt. "Why are you crying?" I wipe my tears on my robe.

"I-I have no clue." I admit and Sirius pulls me closer to him. "I d-didn't know y-you liked me that w-way," I sniffle and Sirius chuckles.

"I couldn't exactly steal you from my best mate..." I snuggle closer to him. I guess I kind of liked Sirius all this time. It feels so much more...natural than being with Remus. I mean, he was a great boyfriend before I knew he was a cheater, but it was always awkward when it was the two of us. With Sirius it's different. I don't feel afraid, I don't feel nervous, it feels completely meant to be. "Should we get back? You look cold." I suddenly notice that I'm shivering. We stand off and I brush away some stray tears.

"Yeah, lets go."

***********

"Where have you two been?" Katie asks and Sirius and I exchange a glance. I shake my head softly.

"We just went for a walk," Sirius says convincingly.

"More like a run. You two look exhausted!" She taunts and I manage a laugh. I see Remus and Lily talking in the corner of the common room.

"SHE WHAT?!" Lily yells at him and Remus hushes her. "Then why didn't you say so?!" Lily squeals and gives Remus a hug. James coughs.

"A little jealous there, Prongs?" Sirius taunts and James punches him in the shoulder. Lily walks up to me.

"Rowan, it was all her! He did nothing wrong!" She pleads.

"Yeah, except kiss her back!" I retort and Remus stands up.

"She sent me a note that was signed from you! And it was pitch black in that broom cupboard, I thought I was kissing you!" He yells and walks across the room. "Look Rowan, I'd never do anything to hurt you on purpose. I really like you and-and I'm sorry..." His voice is a whisper. Tears well up in my eyes. I knew he wouldn't hurt me purposely.

"Fine. I forgive you, Moony," I say and run up to my dormitory.