Recovering

ROWAN/PLUMI POV:

Recovery is both painful and extremely boring. The boys always come in after classes (along with some other people) and try to cheer us all up. Sirius keeps me updated on all of his pranks and let me help with a few, just to give me something fun to do. He's being really sweet and giving me things, offering to do things for me, and even offering to do my homework (to which I politely declined). 

The bad news is that reports appear in the newspaper every day about people dead and people missing. It's quite terrible, but I apparently haven't seen the worst of it. Sirius still pretends like nothing is wrong and tries to distract me so I don't ask to see The Daily Prophet. I appreaciate what he's trying to do, but I need to see these things. He can't keep all the things from me forever. 

Once day Lily, Katie and I are quietly doing our homework when the boys burst in, all of them smiling like idiots. I know why too, because Madame Pomphrey said we could be let out today. 

"Oh, Poppy!" James calls walking over to Lily and giving her a light kiss on the head. I giggle as Sirius walks over to me and does the same, still smiling like it's the best thing that's ever happened to him since the trips to Hogsmeade started in our third year. 

Madame Pomphrey suddenly walks in, also looking very happy despite the fact James 'addressed her incorrectly'. 

"Alright girls, you are free to go. Here are your robes," she hands us our robes, "so go and change very quickly and then I have a potion for each of you." I swing my legs over the bed, touching them to the cold floor. I stand up and a wave of pain shoots through me, so I grab onto Sirius for support. He looks at me with sad eyes, but doesn't say anything. Just silently helps me to the Hospital Wing bathroom. I go in there and change, ignoring all the pain shooting through me whenever I move. I get out to see all the others there, watching me with pitiful looks. I don't need there pity, I've got plenty from myself as it is. 

"I'm okay," I assure them, but they still look weary as Sirius has to help me back to Madame Pomphrey. She gives Lily, Katie and I some odd potion that makes me feel amazing with in five minutes. "That's much better!" I exclaim, starting to walk in circles, enjoying the bliss of no pain. Madame Pomphrey explains to all of us that we have to take the potion at night and in the morning. Sirius carries my potion for me as we exit the Hospital Wing. After two weeks, I am so glad to be out of there. 

                                                 *******************************************

I could hear everyone whispering as we entered the great hall. Lily, Katie and I ducked our heads down and took a seat in our usual spot, which people hadn't taken yet. Thank goodness for that...

"Omigosh guys!" Alice says, joining us. Alice Prewett. Extremely sweet, small, and brave. Currently dating Frank Longbottom, and I heard that he was even going to propose! "What happened? People are saying that you all got pushed of the astronomy tower!" 

"Death Eaters," Katie says simply, causing a few of the Gryffindors to stare at her in surprise. Alice hugs each one of us in turn, telling us how sorry she is that this happened. We all shrug it off, though. 

"How'd they get into the school?" Frank asks once he's sat down and heard the news from Alice. 

"They were already in," Lily says, taking a little bite of her mashed potatoes. 

"They're still here, you mean?" Alice gasps, clinging to Frank. I resist the urge to roll my eyes. 

"No, they fled after they attacked us. But yes, it was just a couple of Slytherins from our year." Frank and Alice both look completely awe-struck by my casual tone. It doesn't matter, I got over the whole situation  about a week ago. 

"Okay then," Remus says, breaking the awkward silence I didn't realize was there. Most people in the hall-including some of the teachers-have stopped to just stare at our group. 

"Don't you people have lives?" Sirius snaps and everyone goes back to what they were doing. 

"I don't like people staring at me," I whisper just loud enough for Sirius to hear. He puts a protective arm around my waist but doesn't say anything. Lily and Katie are busy talking to James about his annual Christmas Ball to really notice all the people still watching them. I forgot about James' Christmas ball! Last year was pretty fun, actually, I'd totally go again. 

"Ro, we've got to figure out what we're going to wear! It's in a couple of weeks!" Lily gasps from beside her. 

"Yes! We have to go to Hogsmeade this weeked to pick out our dresses!" Lily exclaims rather loudly. "James, honey, when did you say we could go over to your house?" James thinks for a second. 

"I'll have to ask my Mom, but I'm sure you guys can stay as long as you want. There's enough room for about ten more people! Plus, they're just dying to see you again, Lily-Flower." Sirius chuckles at the nickname while Lily's cheeks turn red. James seems unphased by the whole thing. James just randomly starts kissing Lily, in the middle of the hall, where everyone can see them. Oh well. 

"I hear a broom closet calling your names!" Sirius sings, causing others to laugh and James and Lily to break apart, both of them blushing. We all laugh. 

"Ummm...Rowan Keith?" I turn around to see a little second year, very tiny, with long black hair. 

"Yes, can I help you?" The little girl hands me a note and then runs back over to the Hufflepuff table. The note reads:

Dear Ms. Keith, 

I have to speak with you, it is important but not urgent. If you could please bring Mr. Black, Mr. Potter, Mr. Lupin, Mr. Pettigrew, Mr. Longbottom, Ms. Evans, Ms. Prewett, and Ms. Whipp with you, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Oh, and I like acid pops. 

-Professor Dumbledore

Sirius is reading over my shoulder. 

"Are we in trouble?" He asks casually. I shrug, a tiny bit worried. I understand if we're in trouble, but why'd he ask Alice and Frank to come too? 

"Sirius, James, Remus, Peter, Frank, Lily, Alice, and Katie!" I call for everyones attention. "We all have to go to Dumbledore's office right now. If any of you did something-now is the time to come clean so we can get our stories straight." I narrow my eyes, but no one looks guilty. I just shrug and everyone follows me out of the Great Hall and in the direction of Dumbledore's office. 

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! Sorry it took long to update! So how's the chapter? What do you think Dumbledore's gonna ask them....hmmmmm????

Anyways, vote, comment, fangirl, asdfghjkl;.....

Bai, beautiful ;)

-Livvy/Olivia/Plumi/The Ravenclaw Princess