Chapter 1 II The Beginning

Rose's POV

"Rosemarie Adams, wake up immediately, I am too old to scream for half an hour!" I heard my grandma yelling from the kitchen. Her voice pierced my newly woken up ears as it echoed through the house. It was way too early for that.

"God dammit, can you just let me sleep for five minutes!" I yelled back crankily.

"NO, get up, and go to school! NOW!"

I opened my eyes angrily and pushed the blanked off of me. Cold air crept under my skin as I noticed the sunlight going through the crack between my thick blue curtains. I narrowed my eyes at it and jumped off of the bed. I marched towards the window and pulled the curtain over it mumbling curses under my breath.

"I can't, I'm sick!" I yelled as I jumped back in bed and closed my eyes. Today doesn't seem like an interesting day anyway.

"Young lady if you don't get out of that bed, I swear to God..." she said as she walked in, not lowering her tone down.

"Okay, okay, just stop yelling already, please!"

"God made you for nothing. The one and only thing you are capable of is lying in your bed all day"

"Can you please quiet down; my head is hurting from your voice", I asked her politely. She put her hands on her hips angrily and looked at me with those mean little brown eyes.

"Watch your mouth and move! You're late. That friend of yours is waiting downstairs"

I stared back and she narrowed her eyes.

"Just tell her to wait for 5 more minutes"

"I will when you get up", she said. I rolled my eyes and finally did what she wanted with a dramatic sigh. She triumphantly smiled and added: "And, for the love of God put some decent clothes on, not that thing that you young kids wear nowadays"

With that she left. I took a look on the pink clock that stood on my nightstand, just to see that I have 30 minutes to get ready. I sighed. Typical morning in the Adams' house.

"That woman is making me crazy", I said quietly. I love my grandma, but sometimes she is just unbearable, and by sometimes I mean very often.

I took white tank top and a pair of baggy ripped jeans and went to the bathroom. After about ten minutes I was done.

Layla was waiting on couch watching TV. Her dark brown hair was falling down her shoulders in messy waves and she was very focused on the show host who was yelling at some poor lady. I cleared my throat and she jumped up with a wild look in her eyes. She frowned at me.

"You scared me, douche"

"Good morning to you too, sunshine"

She crossed her arms on her chest and studied my appearance very carefully. Smile crept on her face.

"What's with your hair?" she asked.

"It's a messy ponytail", I answered raising my eyebrow. She rolled her eyes and came closer sighing in disappointment.

"Dear God... just put some heels on so we can go"

"But, I hate heels. I can't move properly in them"

"I wasn't asking", she said as she handed me black heels. I put them on while watching her. She definitely wasn't done with me. Just when that thought went through my head, she ducked and snatched my headband and put it on her wrist.

"I'm going to fix that mess up", she murmured to herself and started brushing my hair. I chuckled.

"Are you satisfied?" I asked getting up when she was done with my hair.