Chapter 44.

Augusts' P.O.V

"OK, I'm waiting" I said laying back. She pulled the black case from under her table and smiled. "Open it baby" I grabbed it and opened the case. "Traci..man... You a fuckin life saver!" I saw the rings in the case. One of those rings I was gonna choose to purpose to Amari. Traci is my mom's friend daughter, we go way back. Nothing serious has happened between us, she calls me "baby" but in a friendly way. We never had sex, never kissed, never fell into the moment or nothing, friends and that's it!

"You welcome Aug, you know I had to come through for you, I know how much you love Amari.. But go ahead and pick out one so we can get it ordered for you" she said with a smile. I smiled back and started looking at the rings. As soon as I looked at the 18 carat diamond ring, I knew that was the perfect one for Amari. "This one Traci.. this one right here!" She smiled. "I Knew you were gonna pick that one" She took it out the case. "How much for it?" "18 carat.. well the regular price is $16,000 dollars.. but since its on sale, and since you're like family, I'll sell it to you for $4,000" I looked at her. "Naa Traci, I'll givey you the whole $16,000" She frowned. "What am I gonna do with the rest of $12,000?" I smiled. "You use the rest of that money to take care of your son" Traci had a 4 year old son, his dad was killed in an car accident and every since then, she aint never have any help with him, his family or her family wont help. "August, you aint gotta do that.. you really don't" "Naa, its the right thing to do Traci" "Thanks Aug" she smiled and gave me a hug. "Now lets go order this ring"

******

Amari's P.O.V

"That was a beautiful wedding" I said talking to Asha while putting my purse down on the kitchen counter. "Yea, it really was" she said rubbing her belly. Asha was now 6 months pregnant and having a baby boy. Her and Bernard haven't talked and she really hasn't showed any signs that she cared. "That really made me wanna start thinking of getting married" I said smiling. Asha looked at me and sat down. "Amari, what if August isn't ready though" "he should be, we have a daughter now, our own home, I'm a lawyer now, and his career is getting better by each day.. Don't you think its time for us to settle down?" She sighed. "I don't know Amari, but you know he may be ready.. But be patient" I looked at her and sighed. "I will.."

********